PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Been trolling this site for a while now and gleaming lots of valuable information. Have been in the market for a Crew for the past couple of months and the information on here helped me make my decision on whether to get a 900 or 1000. The 1500 rebate Polaris is offering on the crew didn't hurt either. I'm picking up my machine tommorow and already have some mods in mind thanks to threads and input I've read on here. I'll post some pics soon and looking forward to learning a lot more and probably looking for advice on accessories and monkey wrenching. :encouragement:

·
Administrator
6,360 Posts
Welcome to PRC! Looking forward to the pics!

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Welcome to the PRC. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here she is. I say she because I plan to baby her and she'll probably be as expensive if not more than my wife to maintain!

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just noticed there is a section for new members. Maybe a moderator can move this thread over there. Sorry, noobie alert!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Trust me though, your wife will be more expensive to maintain over the long haul.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Welcome to the forum and Congrats on the ride. X2 on Steve. I'm pretty well done with my Ranger. No end in sight on the other.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome. When I was doing my homework to purchase a UTV I was really interested in how the crew does in sand being as we're so close to glamis, CA and other dunes. Any input on your guys experience would be greatly appreciated.

As for the expenses the wife seems to be on board so let's hope I eventually get her where I want her and then it just becomes an upkeep expense. I want the duraclutch first and the roof second. What do you guys recommend as the first accessories or upgrades to these rangers? Sorry for the book.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Trust me though, your wife will be more expensive to maintain over the long haul.
And if your like me you will get more enjoyment and satisfaction from your ranger....

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
And if your like me you will get more enjoyment and satisfaction from your ranger....

Let me guess, your wife doesn't read the forum.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hell no! That would be like sharing an interest in somthing that comsumes to much time and money. And remember, you guys are like hanging out with the wrong crowd, a very bad influence. :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Since a whole lot of mods are electrical I'd start by reading up on the fuse box upgrade. Forde did a great write up on installation. And while you doing that, consider all the other mods so you can run the appropriate DYI harness.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since a whole lot of mods are electrical I'd start by reading up on the fuse box upgrade. Forde did a great write up on installation. And while you doing that, consider all the other mods so you can run the appropriate DYI harness.
Thanks for the advice Jake. I'll look to get this done soon. I'm assuming you could run this set up going to a second battery for all the electrical accessories.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I have my first upgrade in the mail. It's the pursuit Seizmik side view mirrors and I sprung the extra coin for the bling! A whole six and change for the red kit. T&S

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally got time to install my mirrors. Really like the finish and styling on these!

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So with all good intentions of listening to itsalljake and doing the fuse box install, the buyPolaris disorder got the best of me! I now have sitting at home a probox speaker roof, horn kit, and license holder with light all that I can't install until I put in the fusebox.

So I read and reread fswan posts on the fuse box install and ended up dropping close to 2 bills on all the necessary parts. Stay tuned for questions on the install. That is if I don't get myself fried in the process!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What is our budget? Still Married? lol
We can buy a new accessory every two weeks! Still married and the wife even approves of the mods! It was already on my to buy list but without telling her she brought up the fact that we should buy a lift!

Also adding to my list of parts on hand waiting for the fuse box are the probox RGB Rock Lights.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts