PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all im new to the site as you probably guessed already.lol . i currently own a sportsman 700 and am looking at a 07 ranger 500 camo for my kids. is there anything in particular that i should look out for? problem areas? and so on. thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome to PRC. I happen to own a RZR and don't have much insight on Ranger issues. I won't be long for you to start getting feedback though.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Welcome from NC! I have not seen any model year specific issues and I think I saw someone post that the 500 is a really good engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i messed up 1 im lookin at is an 03 500 and the other is a 07 700. thinking on sellin my bike and 4 wheeler to get both. thanks guys.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Welcome to PRC.

The 500 is an excellent engine, but the '03 model is a little old. It has a solid rear axle and won't ride as well as the '05 and newer with IRS. They are also harder to find accessories for if you wanted to modify it (lift, windshield, etc...).

The '07 XP (700) is a great machine too. I had an '06 that served me well for many years, and the '07 was even better (updated electrical system).

If I had to choose, I'd get the '07. If the price is right and you can afford both, I don't think you'd be disappointed with the '03.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome to PRC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks jerry. the 03 im looking at the price they are asking for is 4 grand and the 07 is 5 grand. the 03 would be for the kids so i think solid axle would be fine.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Those aren't bad prices if they are in good mechanical condition. I sold my '06 XP a few months ago for $6500, so I feel that $5000 for the '07 is a REALLY good deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts