PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From 0-20mph it sounds like a kazoo is getting blown from my dump bed. Wondering if its gears or just break in period.

·
Registered
3 Posts
From 0-20mph it sounds like a kazoo is getting blown from my dump bed. Wondering if its gears or just break in period.
I have a 2020 Ranger XP 1000 with that same sound. Mine is coming from the drive belt. It was only noticeable after replacing the belt with a Gilomen belt. The stock Polaris belt didn’t seem to make that noise. Easy to identify by removing the belt cover and engaging the clutch in park or neutral. I’m hopeful it will pass as the new belt forms to the clutches. Time will tell.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hopefully the issue was resolved as thread was started 3 months ago. Hopefully NY followed breakin suggestions

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have a 2020 Ranger XP 1000 with that same sound. Mine is coming from the drive belt. It was only noticeable after replacing the belt with a Gilomen belt. The stock Polaris belt didn’t seem to make that noise. Easy to identify by removing the belt cover and engaging the clutch in park or neutral. I’m hopeful it will pass as the new belt forms to the clutches. Time will tell.
Have you checked to see if your ride has a recall

1 - 4 of 4 Posts