·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks cool. Affect night riding much?

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No rubbing issues. These are directly from the Polaris accessory catalog and are what they recommend for the Ranger. I have 1500 miles on these tires. Very quiet and smooth. I run them @ 11.5 PSI. Some guys on here are running 30's with no issues also.

·
Registered
94 Posts
you will have issues with the big tires (30's), not rubbing issue but the factory polaris parts will wear out more quickly....IE suspension bushings, bearings, and ball joints
I converted ours to run rzr turbo spindle pins/uniballs and all brass bushings in the control arms = worth it!

Ride looks very nice! I have a 2018 crew northstar with added power doors, we want to get the windows tinted. What did they charge you? is that 5% film or?

Looks great!

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you will have issues with the big tires (30's), not rubbing issue but the factory polaris parts will wear out more quickly....IE suspension bushings, bearings, and ball joints
I converted ours to run rzr turbo spindle pins/uniballs and all brass bushings in the control arms = worth it!

Ride looks very nice! I have a 2018 crew northstar with added power doors, we want to get the windows tinted. What did they charge you? is that 5% film or?

Looks great!
Charged me $250. Front window is 35% tint and the rear and sides are Limo grade dark. (not sure what % tint)
I have a 5 year warranty on this unit from Polaris. My dealer confirmed with them that if I used this tire/wheel combo from Pro Armor, that they would warranty any issues. This is why I went this route.
I also didn't want to lift my Ranger because I ride big trails and wanted to maintain the handling. So far it's been great.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Limo tint is known as 5%
You tinted the front glass! interesting!!

Copy that! My driveway has a mud season, so the larger tires are to get us ground clearance for that......
We also use the northstar to commute in the winter, on snow tracks
Smart move on the warranty have them fix it for ya! I build off road stuff so I knew what I was getting into with this machine........to run big tires, run snow tracks, and use it daily, REQUIRES the aftermarket.
But I will keep it forever, so I can justify the time and $$$ spent (we build everything we drag home in time)

Thanks for sharing, I LOVE the new Northstars, we have a 2018, but it is really the last of the 2017, so the old body style. The 2018 like yours has many advantages, doors with glass that rolls down!! (we added to our machine) , the WAY better looking plastics, one piece frame for the crew, better HVAC ducts, more tire clearance and most importantly CUP HOLDERS that don't throw your drink!!

:)

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Limo tint is known as 5%
You tinted the front glass! interesting!!

Copy that! My driveway has a mud season, so the larger tires are to get us ground clearance for that......
We also use the northstar to commute in the winter, on snow tracks
Smart move on the warranty have them fix it for ya! I build off road stuff so I knew what I was getting into with this machine........to run big tires, run snow tracks, and use it daily, REQUIRES the aftermarket.
But I will keep it forever, so I can justify the time and $$$ spent (we build everything we drag home in time)

Thanks for sharing, I LOVE the new Northstars, we have a 2018, but it is really the last of the 2017, so the old body style. The 2018 like yours has many advantages, doors with glass that rolls down!! (we added to our machine) , the WAY better looking plastics, one piece frame for the crew, better HVAC ducts, more tire clearance and most importantly CUP HOLDERS that don't throw your drink!!

:)
Yes, tinted the front glass also! Really works great. Don't even need sunglasses. I bought the Ranger because it was dust free and had AC. Had to seal it up a bit to get it dust free. Removed the front windshield, roof, and rear glass. Then used black silicone caulking to seal up everything. Found the dust trails (leaks) and sealed them up. Took 2 tubes of silicone to seal up the cabin. Lots of leaks behind he seats also. Next season I'm going to add sound insulation under the seats to quiet down the engine noise.
I did hear that Polaris is working on adding glass cabs and AC on other models. If they do this to the General or RZR models, I'll trade in a heart beat!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am looking into tint for mine. Thinking the ceramic tint may be the way to go. Expensive, yes, but may help even more with heat transfer. It’s only 112 in AZ today, so anything that gets an advantage on heat gets my attention.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Lennstang,

I think I passed you in my Northstar xp 1250, Carbon fiber/orange, pickup box enclosure, and orange rims, this weekend by Grampy’s Colebrook. Sharp looking tint. I added power window kits from Amazon, just for all of those times people come over to ask if that thing has AC?
I think caulking the roof and windshield will be a post season mod., as well as increasing my extensive sound insulation.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lennstang,

I think I passed you in my Northstar xp 1250, Carbon fiber/orange, pickup box enclosure, and orange rims, this weekend by Grampy’s Colebrook. Sharp looking tint. I added power window kits from Amazon, just for all of those times people come over to ask if that thing has AC?
I think caulking the roof and windshield will be a post season mod., as well as increasing my extensive sound insulation.
Yes, that was us. I did see you, nice looking unit. Recognized you because your windows were up! LOL.
Do you have the link to the power window units?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Lenn,

Here is the link. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0779Q38R4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They have been in for about a year, already lost drivers motor, but for the price can’t beat em. Also last weekend replaced the failed motor, while at it, I soldered all of those cheap Chinese connectors, it works soo much better, I definitely would recommend to solder connectors.
I looked at putting in the Polaris parts, it would have cost almost a grand.

I am up to Colebrook every weekend, I am just down the road from Coleman state park. Love to compare notes on our Ranger projects.

Rob

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lenn,

Here is the link. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0779Q38R4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They have been in for about a year, already lost drivers motor, but for the price can’t beat em. Also last weekend replaced the failed motor, while at it, I soldered all of those cheap Chinese connectors, it works soo much better, I definitely would recommend to solder connectors.

I am up to Colebrook every weekend, I am just down the road from Coleman state park. Love to compare notes on our Ranger projects.

Rob
Thanks for the link Rob. I'm up occasionally, my place is on Hill Rd in Pittsburg. We should try to hook up sometime before the season is over. Here's my number: 603-496-3990 Lenn

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lenn,

Rob
Dang. Wish you had made a video of the install for us folks who not as clever as yourself. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had my windows professionally tinted in my 2018 NorthStar Ranger. Really helps keep the heat down in the cab. AC is able to keep up in temps over 90 degrees much more easily.
After seeing your tint job, I'm going to take mine in next week. Where did you get the rear bumper for the Northstar? I haven't been able to find one.

Jim

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
After seeing your tint job, I'm going to take mine in next week. Where did you get the rear bumper for the Northstar? I haven't been able to find one.

Jim
Post pics when you're done tinting. My Northstar came with the rear bumper from Polaris. I did not change it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts