PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Had my windows professionally tinted in my 2018 NorthStar Ranger. Really helps keep the heat down in the cab. AC is able to keep up in temps over 90 degrees much more easily.
Your machine looks total 馃敟馃敟馃敟 now I can't sleep at night until I get my 2021 NorthStar Ultimate tinted. What % tint are you running on the windows?

Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Crew Ultimate
Not crazy dark bc i didnt want any issues running it on the street. Whatever is legal for a vehicle in S.D. Is what it is here. With the tint that is on it all the interior lights still can make it tough to see out the side windows and the mirrors at night, thats the only drawback. Cruised it about a 100 miles last week and the tint made a hell of a difference over a similar run last year without it. Thinkin the next step will be clear ceramic for the front then it should stay super cool.

Registered
鈥17 Ranger 570 Midsize
That tint sure looks nice. My plastic windows only tint when it is dusty. :D

Reactions: gmck154x4

Registered
I tinted my rear glass and didn't like it.....Couldn't see anything in the rear view mirror......So I took it off .

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Your machine looks total 馃敟馃敟馃敟 now I can't sleep at night until I get my 2021 NorthStar Ultimate tinted. What % tint are you running on the windows?
Limo tint on the sides and back. Front windshield is much less. We can't ride our trail system at night in Northern NH...so the dark tint isn't an issue for me. You do have to tint all the windows in order to see out properly. Any light that's let in reflects off the back window, making it hard to see out. It makes a huge difference during sunny, hot weather. If you do use it yours at night, just back off the tint % a bit. Got pulled over by Law Enforcement...thought I might be in trouble for the tint...they were just jealous. They noticed I had all the windows rolled up, wanted to know if I actually had AC! It was a funny conversation!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts