PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far we love the Ranger except for the seat. Being used our PRP suspension seats in our RZR's the bench in the Ranger has no suport just cheap feeling foam. How are the buckets in the limited?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've been thinking about this also, but I would have to have three seats. I looked at the deluxe seats at the dealer but there would be no way to add three. I wonder if the razr seats could be adapted, also they look more compact. I may have to do some measuring. They let these razr take out seats go cheap out west because they change out everything. Check Craigslist on the west coast. I was looking at the razr 1000 seats.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You could always try removing the fabric and replacing the foam with a different density foam of your choice. Not going to be the same as a nice bucket seat, but it's a cheaper option to try first I guess.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been thinking about this also, but I would have to have three seats. I looked at the deluxe seats at the dealer but there would be no way to add three. I wonder if the razr seats could be adapted, also they look more compact. I may have to do some measuring. They let these razr take out seats go cheap out west because they change out everything. Check Craigslist on the west coast. I was looking at the razr 1000 seats.
We do have some factory take outs from one of our XP 1000 collecting dust. Will throw one in and see what it looks like.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Cheap rzr 1k seats?.... If they exist I'd love to hear about them...i'd buy 'em in a heartbeat :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My son sold his for $60 off a XP1K. Had my set of Titanium edition XP1K seats for sale on RZR forums for more months for the same price and never sold them. It's the shipping that's crazy expensive not the seats.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Will the Bucket seats from the Deluxe Ranger FIT the 2014 Browning edition Ranger XP 900 ,,

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yes will have to modify the brackets where they connect or buy the brackets from Polaris but yes you could do the swap but only 2 seats will work

·
Registered
764 Posts
My son sold his for $60 off a XP1K. Had my set of Titanium edition XP1K seats for sale on RZR forums for more months for the same price and never sold them. It's the shipping that's crazy expensive not the seats.
Do you still have them for sale?
If so, would you be willing to ship them?
If so, what state would you be sending them from, I'll get a shipping quote and see if it is doable.... :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks
I knew some modification would be needed ,,it usually is,,Two seats is about all I use ,since I mounted the Koplin Floor Gun Holder,

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have the bucket seats and love them. There are 5 of us (myself included) that have Ranger XP's and I'm the only one with the buckets. They seem more comfortable than the bench BUT admittedly there are times I wish I had a bench seat. Given the choice I think i'd still take the bucket seats though, that center console is handy.

Only gripe with them is I wish the driver seatback would recline, I might do some modifying.

·
Registered
621 Posts
You got any pics of that gunholder installed? Looking for something like that!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FYI the XP1K seats will not work. We tried just the bases and they are to awkward with the factory backrest so then we tried entire seat and frame and just like PRP seats said they just have way too much lean in them. We took the bench to an upholstery
shop and was told the foam is not the issue at all, but the Chinese made upholstery is. They are going to re apholster the bench and back rest by also using one inch foam backing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts