PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For ydopen:

Pic is OEM front vs. Outlaw DHT front axle from High Lifter for the EV EV/LSV. Recommended to be used with their 2" Signature Lift Kit and Pro series Forward A-Arms.

They are @ 1" longer, double heat treated, beefier, stronger, all steel is chrome moly, have better bearings, better CV joint cages, larger CV cages, better CV joint boots with low profile retainers. Even a better nut, washer, cotter pin and inboard snap ring. Pre filled with Mobil 1 Synthetic grease. Installation is quick and easy. You MUST add anti-seize to the splines (as with all axle installations and reinstallations).

These eliminate the axle from slipping out of the diff on maximum compression/rebound which is more prevalent on a lifted vehicle and/or with forward A-Arms.

Not cheap but worth the price. (@ $315 ea. internet retail)

Note: High lifter has rear Outlaw DHT axles but does not require replacing the rears with their lift kit. I rebuilt and retained the OEM rears when installing the lift and have had no problems with the rears, nor the new fronts. The rear CV boots had weather checked and the inboard boots had cracks in them and about ready to spew grease all over. Should I experience any more problems with the OEM rears I will not hesitate to replace them as well.

IMG-20140818-00107.jpg

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Thanks. Im not sure but I think im gonna need a +2 axle with my 2in super atv and the 2in hl lift stacked

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Also are the DHT rears longer?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I wouldn't get the Dht axle. I've heard nothing but bad about them.on the high lifter forums

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
My buddy can get +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 and +6 but im not sure on brand.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I'd just get stock rhino axles.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Has anyone talked to Cobra Axles and asked how much a custom set, like +2", would be? I'm sure they could make them. Just adding a inch over the stock length is still putting rhinos to their max float on some peoples rides especially those that are planning to extend their arms as well as the lift.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I have not. How do you get in touch with them?

·
Registered
321 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts