PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If you recall I was unhappy with one of the front a-arm guards. I ended up cutting some more off and made it acceptable. I then cut the other off to match. I left marrs on them so I took the time to buff (a job I am NOT fond of) them out to nice gloss.

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
I went out to get a 'buff job' once too :p . Oh wait....I think that was a little different 8) .

Looks great buddy!

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't plan on this but happy to learn they finished it tonight. I called them aroung 10:00 PM just to check on things and Ray said they just finished it. His nickname is "hillbilly" and his mannerisms are in line with the name. So when I was able to read his excitement over the phone I got a second wind and decided to bring it home tonight. All I can say is WOW. They buffed that sucker till the gold flakes wanted to jump out. They asked for a nice picture and I promised them one of Bruces professional prints.

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
Very Cool!

Neal...I assume that you'll be bringing cleaning and polishing supplies along to the show? Otherwise, I have all sorts of things that I use on the bikes and would be happy to throw them in the truck on Monday.

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Sounds great and we will try and get a good shot of that sucker. Now, how do we get that thing to Minnesota still looking that good?

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Neal or Randy,

Do you think either of you guys could check into doing that rental enclosed trailer? I wonder what they would charge? Is there any "friends" in Ohio that have an enclosed unit? Does Uhaul have anything like that?

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
Neal...I assume that you'll be bringing cleaning and polishing supplies along to the show? Otherwise, I have all sorts of things that I use on the bikes and would be happy to throw them in the truck on Monday.

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ran said:
They were very clear to use a detail wax only. I asked them about Lucas Slick Mist and they stated it would be great. I will bring a bottle of it and some rags. Maybe if you could bring some cleaner and tire shine.

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ElecTech said:
Neal or Randy,

Do you think either of you guys could check into doing that rental enclosed trailer? I wonder what they would charge? Is there any "friends" in Ohio that have an enclosed unit? Does Uhaul have anything like that?
That will fine Bruce but be sure you act promptly as I am going to be good father and husband for a couple of days and don't want to run around too much.

·
Registered
22,957 Posts
We are going to have to wrap it somehow until we can get one donated. It will cost us a nut to rent trailers whenever we have a show.

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gary Lenon said:
We are going to have to wrap it somehow until we can get one donated. It will cost us a nut to rent trailers whenever we have a show.
Well Bruce, you truely did come up with a grand idea. Afterall, you really don't need both of your testicles.

·
Registered
22,957 Posts
oneal said:
Gary Lenon said:
Well Bruce, you truely did come up with a grand idea. Afterall, you really don't need both of your testicles.
We can check prices if there is doubt that you can get it hauled without damage Neal. Just a stop gap until we can get a trailer donated. We may have to get an open trailer donated and build a front shield to protect it from stones. Maybe Polaris will have some idea for the future.

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
On my bike, I use detail wax quite a bit. I don't use any particular 'cleaner' per se though. I just wash it with soap and water first. Tire shine is no probem....I will bring some.

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The back of my truck offers better safety than an open trailer. There will will be just a foot+ of unprotected surface standing above the cab of my truck but there is always a chance of a flying stone may find a path in. It's a royal pain to atempt tarping as if it is not done perfectly you can end up with abrasions in the paint from a material flapping at ultrasonic speeds. With the exception of an enclosed trailer the back of my truck is a fair second choice and at 1700 miles (round trip) I will see a substantial fuel savings without a trailer behind me.

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
I agree. Wrapping it has the potential to cause more damage than 'driving it' there would, IMO.

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
You really can't wrap anything around it that won't flap and damage the paint I'm afraid. Looks like we'll just have to roll the dice as I need my other testicle to make sure I have a dang hotel room! :shock:

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
I'm not the least bit worried about this. Obviously, 'anything' can happen, but I've seen all sorts of show type machines (mostly bikes) hauled on open trailers and in the back of pick-ups. Even if we were to suffer a couple of tiny nicks, its not the end of the world. While 'we' would see them, the vast majority of people viewing this unit wouldn't notice anyways.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts