PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently replaced the belt and the old one had some oil on it. The new one has started to slip again and this time there is a ton of oil in there. Has anyone had this issue? And can point me towards a fix! Its a 2011 800xp. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
So I recently replaced the belt and the old one had some oil on it. The new one has started to slip again and this time there is a ton of oil in there. Has anyone had this issue? And can point me towards a fix! Its a 2011 800xp. Thanks for the help!
vakev, Check the seal on the engine/ primary clutch output shaft.. The fix..............you have to split the case...... to properly replace.. I am sorry for that kind of news..

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
or tranny seal behind secoundary T&S

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I had a bad feeling on that one. I guess Ill start tearing it down after hunting season is over. Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Depending on how much oil ur leaking, might not be a bad idea to check the oil levels in the tranny and motor. That will also help establish which seal is leaking.

Reactions: JJaxon and trog

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
A dye is made, available at NAPA, that is put in the crankcase or transmission (your choice) and show up under a black light. It is a good diagnostic aid to help find where leaks are coming from. Put it int he engine, for instance, and if the oil you find doesn't show up vividly under the black light then you know its the transmission leaking. This is especially helpful when leaks are small and the area of origin is difficult to discern.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Or, clean it up, and trade it on a new general.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts