PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
underneath Ranger 500?! We hunt in a swamp that's mostly clay bottom and it's as tough as concrete when mixed with shell that's on our lease roads. I've seen several different products suggested and I'm almost ready to simply use the car wash wax sprayed underneath the machine. I use the carwash anyway cause the amount of clay/dirt left on my drive is almost as difficult to remove and I don't want it to drain into my lake anyway.

KISS....product suggestions? That won't harm plastic bushings, etc.

I've seen:

WD-40
Tire Shine
Awesome
SC1 Clear Coat
Turtle Wax, and others

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I've used WD-40 for many years and it works well.....just a little expensive to cover something the size of a SXS.

I've heard great things about SC1, but haven't tried it yet.

If cleanup is a huge pain, I'd invest the time to install some mud guards in front of the rear wheels, and cover the underside of the bed with a thin sheet of aluminum or plastic. That will help tremendously with cleanup cleanup time, plus make any additional chemicals that you decide to use go much further.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was waiting for someone to suggest not riding in mud!

Great ideas and I'm looking at those now. Have some lexan sheet stuff that may work around fuel tank and battery, they get huge gobs of mud around them.

Aluminum sheet may be the best idea. Then squirt with a wax product.

·
Registered
559 Posts
If you can stand the smell and the funny looks diesel fuel and some garden sprayer action bottom side only. Not sure if I would do it in a public setting. We use it the boxes of dump trucks works great. Not good for the environment yet alone your lake..... I don't think WD-40 (costly) is much better though. I now use water down armorall in a garden sprayer and cover the whole machine and let it run off. I coat the snow plow with it too. Don't put it on the steering wheel, pedals or seat... Sounded and looked good at the time and seemed like a good idea.

Du

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I Am a Mobile Detailer and recently invested in a nice/$$$ pressure washer. Ive had others in the past that did the job but this new one is Awesome. It cuts clean up after a ride in half.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts