PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for an Enclosed trailer or should I say a "Deal" on one for while now. I can't just get a typical trailer. It has to be at least 6 foot 7-8 inches at the rear entry for my Ranger to fit. Once I find one, I'll gradually build it into a toy hauler of sorts that I can stay in one/two nights at places I go riding. Well, I ran across this one the other day and was wondering if y'all thought it was a good deal or not. It's brand new and was a special order, the other guy backed out after delivery. The dimensions are 8.5 x 14 with two foot in the V-nose, entry is right at 6'7" with the inside a full 7 foot. The side entry door already has an RV type door opener. Double 3500 lb axles with electric brakes. I can get it out the door tax, tag and title for $3750. So, what's y'alls opinions or do you know of any other deals out there?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Thats a good deal. I looked at R&R trailers, a top of the line custom, was way more than that... You found the color I want too.

Reactions: RiverRunner

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey, if the size suits your needs the price is great. Where I come from this trailer would be in the $5500.00 to $6000.00 range, but I live in the middle of the Bakken where the jobs are plentiful, the wages are good and the prices are outrageous. I doubt you can find a better deal elsewhere.

Reactions: RiverRunner

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I got a quote on a new trailer like that one and it was 10 k .

·
Registered
51 Posts
That price looks good, it would be $4800+ttl here. Make sure your ranger will fit, if you add lift or tires it wont. Stock my ranger fits by one inch in my trailer. Look at these guys if you want to rig out a trailer into a toy hauler. Extra tall, bunks, shower, a/c ect...
South Georgia Cargo Outlet

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Thats a nice trailer and at a fair price, better grab it before someone else does.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
That's a good price. I paid $5500 for my 8.5' x 24' (7' interior height) about 4 years ago.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Be careful on those trailers from Georgia I have a friend that bought one cause the price was to good to pass up and it literally has fallen apart. The cross members have broke out of it and the non screwed sides have come unstuck. Make sure when your buying that they are using good dexter axles, plenty of floor and wall supports along with ceiling supports. It just seems those prices are way to good to be true. I'm not saying there isn't good trailers built down there just pay attention to what you are buying. We log a lot of miles on our enclosed between racing and riding and poor craftsmanship will shine through if you buy junk.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Just remember, The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of the cheap price.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I just priced one and it was half what one cost up here.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Just be careful that you are comparing apples to apples and the build quality is good, I don't want to see anyone get burned.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Still might have to go outa state to get a deal.

·
Registered
546 Posts
That may be true, check buying direct from some dealers in eastern Indiana.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
going to cost me a few grand to go get one.

·
Registered
546 Posts
No doubt about it

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
And ill put more miles on than ten years use.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts