PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly ranger related but I thought some might be interested. This guy was chowing down on Hummingbird juice this morning when we looked outside.

IMG_4481 Small.jpg

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lot of the bee hives North of me have electric fences around them. I would bet that freeloader will be back
I told my wife exactly that. He knows where the sweet stuff is now and I guarantee he'll be back. I think the wife will be bringing in the Hummingbird feeders at night now.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I have been looking and waiting for the bastards to show up here. BUT so far. Nothing. Thank God. Last spring I had 4 different ones. I use roman candles to give smokey bear the don't come back signal. Hold It in your hand light and point. Ten flaming exploding balls Swish....BOOM....Swish....Boom...he gets the hint quick. Here a photo from last spring of one of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't dare use fireworks now to scare anything off, it's been way too dry. This guy took off when I opened the window and yelled "hey bear".

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I know last fall during bear season there was a lot of bear tagged at the local tagging station so I'm hoping they won't show up this spring. Every year there is less hunters and more animals.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Wow....we dont have bears but got another issue...this was the skunk I caught last week and now have more that showed up...traps reset and baited with tortilla chips. Dont know why but it works.
Try bacon grease. My Grandfather used to trap for the DNR as they are one of the top raiders of ground nesting birds

·
Registered
175 Posts
Advice taken... traps now loaded with bacon fat and tortilla chips. Will let yall know of the buffet works.

Glad I'm not dealing with bears. I just don't want to get sprayed and putting the tarp over a skunk is a puckering event

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I pretty much like all animals. Rather shoot them with a camera than a rifle.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Me too. I actually prefer snakes, jackals and hyenas to your run of the mill Libtard. They are way smarter and more trustworthy.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Try bacon grease. My Grandfather used to trap for the DNR as they are one of the top raiders of ground nesting birds
Much better solution - take a 2 ft section of 8 inch stove pipe , bore / dig a hole down 2 ft and put pipe in it , put some catfood in the bottom , next day skunk will be dead { no smell } pull the pipe up and cover the hole / skunk up , repeat as necessary .

·
Registered
652 Posts
Much better solution - take a 2 ft section of 8 inch stove pipe , bore / dig a hole down 2 ft and put pipe in it , put some catfood in the bottom , next day skunk will be dead { no smell } pull the pipe up and cover the hole / skunk up , repeat as necessary .
Good possibility of getting something other than a skunk in the hole hence the use of live traps

·
Registered
175 Posts
I prefer the live traps.... easy to release them along the creek than to dig holes. I can't even count how many animals I've caught including possums, skunks and armadillos.

Plus 2 barn cats I want to stay.....

I'm not hating them, just prefer they don't dig under my shop....we recently had a large flood so many are just looking for new home.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The bears would be an issue cuz they kinda big for my traps..... glad that isn't issue here. We do have coyote but the longhorns don't sweat them much and I have electric wire at base of fence

1 - 20 of 56 Posts