PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Could try and sprinkle mothballs around the base of your buildings. Its the common chemical of animal deterrents otherwise the natural ones have peppermint, lemon grass, citronella, vanilla among other things

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I've found skunks, coons and possums in live traps can't swim or hold their breath that long. But easier for me to just dispatch them in the cage. Bleach on hanging towels seem to deter bears some as the smell burns their noses. But the towels rot after a week from the bleach.

·
Registered
754 Posts
We had one here last evening. 6 to 7 footer I'd guess.
View attachment 127187
Hmmm
Why can't we transfer a few thousand gators to the border to see if they like Mexican/Venezuelan food?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
What a simple easy idea to deter crossing the river. Add gators. I'm sure the word would spread fast.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Think last time I tangled with a black and white kitty it was with a goodyear or maybe a bridgestone. Generally like a 20 gauge around the homestead. Less chance of going through the buildings if miss or ricochet and those cats can really scoot.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
CCI makes a lot of different .22 ammo. But if you ever run across the CCI Valosoraptor( not sure the spelling) it has a small picture of a dinosaur on the label. These are deadly. The best .22 ammo for shooting animals or game that I've ever found. Cabela's has it on the shelf sporadically so when I see it I grab 5 or 6 boxes. Ground hogs, porcupines , racoons, ect ect If you can hit your target it just blows up.

·
Registered
650 Posts
It's on now.... can't deal with digging under foundation. If it comes out my kitchen window will become a hunting blind
Been there. Put a lot of lead into a Maple tree as the squirrels seemed to attracted to it like a magnet to steel before they attacked my garage chewing holes in the soffits and door frames. My office window faced the garage and small apple orchard that also brought me venison.
What is attracting the unwanted ones? Some kind of grubs or other food?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm thinking they like the sand base under the slab in my shop/barn. Easier digging than the gumbo soil and it's up higher. I think they're simply making their dens. I will dump some amonia in the holes to ensure their empty and fill with concrete but need them gone or they will just move down and dig again.

I may tap into my livestock wire and run it along edge of shop...let them get a lip full of 7,000 volts. It hurts like hell....dont ask

·
Registered
650 Posts
My Father got bent out of shape with a herd of black angus that refused to acknowledge the electric fence. Went with a neon sign transformer. I can remember it as if was yesterday even though it was over 50 years ago. They would start under and get hit but would just beller,eyes would get real big, drop to their knees and keep going under. Pretty much removed the hair on their backs. Think when they got shipped was the old mans happiest moments.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Bad News...we had a badass storm, 65 mph gusts with hail and got 2.5 inches of water in less than 30 minutes...lost a tree at back door and smaller limbs on roof, but house is good.

GOOD NEWS...the storm drove the latest skunk from under barn....I watched he maneuver around the traps and he huddled up under my tractor. When hail stopped I snatched the pistol.... after we circled the shop once I reversed course and waited on his ass....little turd looked at me and I ended the saga before he got turned to fire on me cuz he was in range.

Hooorah....concrete goes in his burrow this weekend

·
Registered
175 Posts
More bad news.....road is blocked by 4 downed power poles and I got no juice...power company sent message saying it will be tomorrow night before power comes on.

Worst news.....My Astros were in 14th inning when I lost power....by time skunk war was over and I jumped in truck to tune in....I missed our victory!!!! Damnit to hell!!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Good luck with the power outage. I have several gensets as being without power in below 0 weather sucks pretty quick. Going to start thinning them out. Rain plus heat isn't going to be no fun

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
A whole house generator is on my "to do" list. I had a 20kw whole house generator that ran on natural gas in my last house which I installed after a hurricane knocked out power for a couple weeks. It was good insurance, we never had another hurricane knock out power during the next 15 years. LOL. It did come in handy for power outages during thunder storms though and probably helped me get my price when I sold the house.

Now, I wonder if that snow plow I bought after last winter's snow storm will stop all future snow storms......

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
About this Discussion
55 Replies
12 Participants
pyromedic
PRC Polaris Ranger Club
PRCforum is the best Polaris forum community to discuss RZR 1000, Crew 900, PRC Ranger Club, XP 900, RZR XP 4 900, RZR 570, HD, 170, RZR-S, XP 900, RZR XP 4 900, ORV, side by side, SSW and off-road information.
Full Forum Listing