PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure, this maybe common news and everyone in the free world knows it but me, but I thought I would share something I read in compact Equipment magazine tonight. They mentioned that Gravely (made the old Gravely 2 wheel tractors YEARS ago and have been building other landscaping type of machines since) and Bobcat (as in the skid steers/track hoe/etc company) both have UTVs that Polaris has engineering and parts/development work in. I never knew Polaris had any ties to the Bobcat UTV nor the new soon to released Gravely. The Gravely is a pretty Heavy Duty unit so I think it is great Polaris is working on it. Im sure there is a lot learned by both companies in the development of a machine like this.
Hopeful as more and different units are released the UTV's will just keep getting better and even more reliable.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Very interesting... I didn't know that either. Personally, I wish Polaris would concentrate all their engineering efforts on their own line. Then we'd end up with machines that are perfect.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I did not know about the Gravely, but I have driven the Bobcat. It has Polaris stickers all over it. The one I drove was a full size 500 with basic features, nothing fancy. It drove like a Ranger. I see at as another source of revenue for Polaris. Bobcat has had a UTV in their lineup for years, I believe the old one was a Club Car. Contractors need a way to get around a job site and if their equipment dealer has a UTV, they are more likely to buy it there.

·
Super Moderator
6,840 Posts
Reactions: mustangwagz

·
Registered
451 Posts
Some John Deere parts work on Polaris.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with cowpen....wish Polaris would concentrate their efforts more on what they are selling, but here is a picture of the Gravely if you haven't seen it. photo-1.JPG

·
Super Moderator
6,840 Posts
I agree with cowpen....wish Polaris would concentrate their efforts more on what they are selling, but here is a picture of the Gravely if you haven't seen it. View attachment 7932
It looks like the fender flares may work on the 900. I really like the flares, will look into this a little more.
Also the dash pad/cap has storage places in it, may have to put this on mine.

Also all (900) polaris cab pieces, fit the gravely unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts