PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep....our City Council recently voted 6-3 to allow ATVs, UTVs and snowmobiles on all City streets. Cool! Tomahawk is a small northwoods Wisconsin City of roughly 3500 people.

·
PRC/SSW Moderator
7,748 Posts
Great news indeed Randy !! I know in the northern half of Michigan the snowmobile's have had that privilage for quite some time now but within the past year they have now legally allowed the ATV / UTV's to drive on most of the shoulder's of the roads, except for the highways.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Very cool. Hopefully everyone will behave themselves and follow the rules and the privlege can be kept.

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes...I'm just hoping that everyone behaves themselves and doesn't ruin it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
they opened up all city streets to UTV's in Dixon,il yes you read that right in illinois

·
Registered
58 Posts
We can Pinckneyville, IL

·
Registered
78 Posts
a good portion of the townships in lee county have approved UTV's on their roads, so far law enforcement has turned a blind eye to operating on rural roads

·
Administrator
6,360 Posts
I have heard that LaFollette, TN (Ride Royal Blue) will soon (has?) open their streets to ATV/UTV traffic. I sure hope so!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
My understanding of the Illinois golf cart/neighborhood vehicle law; once inspected by state police and passed, along with the proper paperwork said vehicles are allowed on all secondary roads, any city/municipality NOT wanting this to happen must pass and ordinance stating this. Now it seams several city/municipality's are passing their own ordinance allowing them anyway, again with passing an inspection and paying a small fee. The big hang-up in most laws I have seen are these vehicles must not be capable of speeds exceeding 25mph including my town, doesn't make sense to me as speed limits are in place anyways and issue a ticket if it's violated. Most city's are now including UTV's. Got lucky in my town, I was #3 and the first non-golf cart, knowing the inspector/chief of police he let the mph thing slide, later the city council questioned it and for some reason the whole thing was dropped, small town politics...got to love it. We now have close to 15 registered with 4 being UTV's and in 2 years absolutely no complaints. Funny thing about this my Ranger was bought for farm use even though I live in town and as an implement of husbandry I can go anywhere anyways.

·
Registered
651 Posts
That's one o the benefits of living in a small town. It's allowed where I live and it's great to be able to take the kids to school or go to the store on my Ranger.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
The Mayor of St. Libory drives his RZR to work at Wenneman's Meat Market. He would drop off his kids at Day-care when they were younger.
I drive my Ranger to the gas station in town to fill up. I even seen the State Police their when filling up and nothing was said. We only need a slow moving vehicle sign and carry insurance to be legal as far as I know. When my Roctane's wear out I will put DOT approved tires on it. I do have a horn , turn signal's and mirror's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts