PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to improve mud performance while keeping decent ride/wear on asphalt. Based on a lot of research, I've pretty well settled on the Highlifter Outlaw Radials. Still waffling between 28x9.5's all around, or 30x10's. I'm installing a 2.5" lift and forward arms so either should fit, although I think the 30's may require a mod to the stock bumper.

The price on these tires is pretty outrageous, but I want 'em anyway. :wink-new: ATV Outfitters has the 30's for $217 each plus another $237 for shipping for the set. Anybody know of anyone else that carries these tires at a decent price? I'm also looking at some MSA rims, so maybe a package deal might save a few bucks? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is a old thread but I'm also interested in the outlaw radials in 30", I was just wondering how your liking them so far and how there wearing. I do a good bit of trail riding but I want something that going to preform well in the mud when I need them to.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
OLRs were one of my top choices when trying to choose tires. I have a buddy that runs the 28s on his 900 Ranger and another that runs 30s on his Commander. Both like them and they seem to be wearing well, but neither one puts anywhere close to the mileage on black top that I do. They both said they ride noticeably rougher than the stock tires, but they do like them. The reasons I choose the Super Swamper truck tires was because the were about the same price, actually a little cheaper, were DOT tires and the weight was the same. the swampers are super smooth and ride better than my stock tires on hard surfaces. They perform every bit as good in mud as the OLRs do and will out wear them several times over. All that said if I were to try another tire right now I would go with the Blackwater Evolutions, WAY lighter and I do not think I was read anything bad about them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.