PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen a few threads about overhead gun racks and what works without modifications and/or drilling. I ordered and installed the Great Day 2 gun overhead rack from an ebay seller. The model number is QD8580GR. The rack has a U shaped channel that fits the inside of the outer roll bars perfect. I was able to install it without trimming the headliner. No drilling...No bolting. It fit just fine.
overheadrack.JPG

·
Registered
428 Posts
sweet. i had purchased one of those for use in my 2007XP with Rangerware cab, but it didn't fit the rollbar configuration well. Sounds like this is just the ticket, however, for the new Ranger rollbar system. Will be getting one when I upgrade!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I used a Big Sky 2-gun overhead rack and just used stainless steel hose clamps to mount to roll cage. I didn't want to drill holes either. Took a bicycle inner tube, cut it, wrapped around cage between rack mounts and the cage and put two hose clamps on each mount. It has been rock solid for 4 years and two Rangers.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have one but don't know if I a 100% satisfied with it yet. My gun doesn't hold to tight in it. I may change out my holders on it.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
ALScott you have any pictures of your setup that would be great

·
Registered
118 Posts
Here are my pics. I can carry two Steyr Pro Hunters full barrels 56 and 50 mm scopes no problem. It's a heavy gun and never had one fall etc. Most of the time it's just me and one rifle and two takes a little more care getting them in without knocking them around. I mounted it with the hose clamps two years ago and haven't touched it since.
Rack2.jpeg Rack3.jpeg Rack1.jpeg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts