PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2008 Polaris Ranger 700 XP
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Having a bit of a problem with my Ranger.
  • replaced the thermister and thermostat
  • took the radiator out and scrubbed it
  • flushed and Cleaned out the pipes
After about 2 min of idling I鈥檓 getting a HOT indicator
Also I have a code 42, seeing it鈥檚 a bad sensor.
Thanks!

Registered
What year and model? Welcome to the site! Got pics?
Air in cooling system is a common problem, Take radiator cap off and watch as it heats up. When thermostat opens, you should see a good flow into it if circulating properly.

Registered
2008 Polaris Ranger 700 XP
Discussion Starter #3
08 700 XP//

I burped the lines and it seems to have a good flow. I鈥檓 seeing maybe a problem with my fan or the radiator cap!

Registered
Fan cycling and can you feel hot air blowing? If you disconnect plug to thermister it should default to on. Has the reservoir spewed?

Registered
With an ambient temperature of about 60 yesterday my 570 took three minutes to get to triple digit coolant temperature. Granted mine has a heater core plumbed into the bypass circuit but that is close to results before the heater was installed. Check the suggestions above. I think your sensor may be lying to you unless you can verify your radiator hoses are that hot.

Registered
B, 42 is a problem with the temp sensor circuit. It may be an OLD CODE that you have not cleared by removing the NEG battery terminal for 30 seconds. If you are SURE you have bled the cooling system well at least three times and your cap is good , you may have a bad circuit breaker on the fan. Happens all the time..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts