PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I got a 2018 Polaris 570 full size I just installed a marine heater and now unless I rev up my ranger the temp goes Up and the engine will die. If I rev it up the temperature will go down but I can’t always keep it revved up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Yeah, the coolant system needs to be bled. There is a bleeder screw on the thermostat housing. (At least there is on the 2017 570) Fill up the recovery bottle and keep the the radiator topped off. Crack the screw until it spews only coolant. May take 2-3 times and several minutes. Be patient and have xtra coolant to keep it topped off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve loosened the screw up 4 times now and revved it up while doing that. If I fill the overflow will it pull it into the radiator if needed?

·
Registered
2,879 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Ranger XP 800
114 Posts
When I used to do this as a job, I used one of these funnel kits:

On my ranger it overheated when I first changed the coolant.
I don't have this funnel kit anymore, but my steps were to raise the front about a foot, shove a normal funnel in the top of the radiator and fill it with coolant, crack open the bleeder screw on the thermostat until coolant was coming out, then let it get up to temp and rev it up and down a bunch of times.

With your heater kit, you may need to bleed it at the heater too. Does your heater have a valve on the coolant?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ll give that a try lifting up the front end. Thanks! There is no valve on the heater lines so I can try loosening one to see if air comes out.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
sled, squeeeeeeze the hoses to help move the trapped air out. Like I said, be patient and have plenty of xtra coolant .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts