PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2018 ranger xp 1000 starting to get a little fed up with the over priced p.o.s. , it's a very love now hate relationship , recently had shifter break, now my passenger seat base , seriously can believe it, 125 pampered miles on machine
20190820_185801.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,585 Posts
It’s fairly common.
I have not seen anything from Polaris on it yet.
I have seen them repaired with threaded inserts to owners being proactive, and welding/bolting a lift handle on the seat base.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Mine too Drizzle. Funny thing, I barely lift the seat. Just went to lift it one day and (snap) ! Whole seat came off in my hand. Must have been only one front screw left holding it in place. Maybe from having three adults bouncing around on it? Was a little bummed.

But! The bottom of the seat has a channel, and 3M double sided tape around the circumference of the support bar has held it rock solid for a while now.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mine did break also. Told my dealer and they contacted Polaris and got a new seat replaced for free. Now I always grab the metal frame when I lift up the passenger seat.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Drizzle you do need to be aggressive and contact your dealership and if nothing is done contact your warrantee company.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Mine did break also. Told my dealer and they contacted Polaris and got a new seat replaced for free. Now I always grab the metal frame when I lift up the passenger seat.
Funny thing, the front screws were LAST to break. Don't necessarily think its from lifting the seat.

I'm more inclined to think that the screw posts are too short and the screws over tightened. Id think about taking a half a turn out on the screws to prevent it from happening again. They cant shear, seat sets in a channel.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Funny thing, the front screws were LAST to break. Don't necessarily think its from lifting the seat.

I'm more inclined to think that the screw posts are too short and the screws over tightened. Id think about taking a half a turn out on the screws to prevent it from happening again. They cant shear, seat sets in a channel.
On mine it was the front and corner screws. It happened when grabbing the front right corner of the seat.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I guess I'm glad to here it just wasn't me than,I did bring to another dealer and they contacted polaris so will see what happens, sucks bought the extended warranty and always worried cause nothing on the machine is stock anymore, oh except for the stuff that keeps breaking, lol🤪

·
Registered
6 Posts
19 crew cab here front seat broke in May they replaced it my year up no warranty and my back seat broke funny back seat is empty 90% of time. Machinist here very poor design...... really plastic screw into a thin piece of plastic

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
You could purchase a replacement or you could get adventurous and weld it up. I do plastic welding using a heat gun, plastic welder or wood burning iron and a home-made welding spoon along with stainless steel mesh and scraps of same type plastic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts