PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I recently purchased a used 2019 Ranger XP1000 Northstar. Unit has ~400 hours / 1200 miles. Unit was serviced before I picked it up (oil change, etc). After owning it for a little over a week, I was giving it a wash and noticed some oil on the passenger side frame rail, right under the bed. The driver side of the block is clean of any oil, it's all on the one side. Has anyone ran into this that could give me some insight on what to look for first? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
4,091 Posts
You might check to see that the transmission wasn't overfilled. There is a vent tube on the transmission and if the trans is overfilled it may be forcing out excess fluid which tracks around to where you see it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Depending on how much oil you are seeing and whether or not it is fresh, it could be from changing the oil filter which is on the front of the motor and maybe would run off on the passenger side if not wiped off. What was this ranger used for? 400 hours 1200 miles, average of 3mph. I don't think mine will even run that slow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depending on how much oil you are seeing and whether or not it is fresh, it could be from changing the oil filter which is on the front of the motor and maybe would run off on the passenger side if not wiped off. What was this ranger used for? 400 hours 1200 miles, average of 3mph. I don't think mine will even run that slow.
It was used as a farm rig from what I was told. Since posting this I hadn’t found any fresh oil leaked out. However, today I went on a 30ish mile ride and got up to around 45-50mph for a pretty long stretch. When I got back home there was more fresh oil blown everywhere on passenger side. Could there be some kind of vent that’s allowing the oil to blow by? The rest of the block is dry other than the one side. This is very frustrating lol

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Dipstick seated well? How's oil level?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts