PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought this 2013 Polaris Ranger XP from a good friend of mine. I am planning to modify it and will be in need of your recommendation on where to start.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire

·
Registered
943 Posts
Looks like there's already a pretty good start on upgrades. Now power wise it's probably going to need better axles etc before you think of trying to hitch up more ponies
Welcome, sure we can help deflate your wallet some more

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
#1.....DuraClutch.
#2....ECU reflashed

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the suggestion guys, I will do a couple of research first as this will be the first time that I will work on modifying a ranger.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Congrats on the Ranger. I agree with summermn. Looks like a good start.

·
Registered
2020 ranger xp 1000
13 Posts
#1.....DuraClutch.
#2....ECU reflashed
I bought a gilomen tune and installed their clutch kit for 2020 xp1000. I wasn’t a big fan of the high rpms and it didn’t seem to get rid of the sudden take offs. I don’t drive it like a RZR but like tuning my stuff.
Do you think a duraclutch would work in conjunction with the tune? I know I’d be leaving hp on the table but want a smoother clutch... something wife and kids can drive. Appreciate any info.
Congrats on the purchase Autonoob!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I bought a gilomen tune and installed their clutch kit for 2020 xp1000. I wasn’t a big fan of the high rpms and it didn’t seem to get rid of the sudden take offs. I don’t drive it like a RZR but like tuning my stuff.
Do you think a duraclutch would work in conjunction with the tune? I know I’d be leaving hp on the table but want a smoother clutch... something wife and kids can drive. Appreciate any info.
If you get the adjustable weights with Gillomen you can bring the rpm down. I’m running 4 4 1 instead of the 3 3 0 he sends them with. I’m turning less rpm than factory when I’m cursing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
943 Posts
If you get the adjustable weights with Gillomen you can bring the rpm down. I’m running 4 4 1 instead of the 3 3 0 he sends them with. I’m turning less rpm than factory when I’m cursing.

Spell check on last statement please.? I hope your cruising not $%#@(

·
Registered
1,857 Posts

As TCounty stated, there adjustable weights can be tailored to your style of riding.

Reactions: Jack4203

·
Registered
2020 ranger xp 1000
13 Posts

Yeah, I wish I would have went with the Blackmax adjustable weights instead of the fixed. I played around swaping all three springs (2 gilomen ones and stock) with the lighter weights... Ended up keeping everything stock. Absolutely nothing wrong with the gilomen kit, just my preference of riding for right now.
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The 3 3 0 makes the rpms way too high, but it’s in the power the whole time. 4 4 1 is just right to me and the power is there when I want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
The 3 3 0 makes the rpms way too high, but it’s in the power the whole time. 4 4 1 is just right to me and the power is there when I want it.

blue yellow spring T?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Going to kit the gilomen kit aswell. Just to clarify for me. You want more weights for slower riding aka trail riding correct? Cause that let's the clutch engage with less rpm? Whereas lighter weights more rpms for speed?

What size tires are on that machine autonoob?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Also two way bearing, ecm tune,EBS shim, adjustable weights, secondary rollers and Hunterworks belt. I can creep in low/work mode or rip ruts in performance.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Going to kit the gilomen kit aswell. Just to clarify for me. You want more weights for slower riding aka trail riding correct? Cause that let's the clutch engage with less rpm? Whereas lighter weights more rpms for speed?

What size tires are on that machine autonoob?
Yes. He send a paper telling what weight in each hole does. I just called and asked. He told me to try 441. It was perfect. I actually turn less rpms than stock at beer cruising speed.

30x9x14 tires. May add exhaust later. The videos on YouTube sound good. Not too loud.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Good start is maintenance. Next stop for me is a set of wheel bearing greaser tools
I got the Tiger tool greaser a few years ago. Use it every spring. Font and rear are different sizes.

Attachments

Reactions: Jack4203

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Believe it or not. Greg told me the two washers behind the castle nut should be changed each time the nut is removed. They have a cone or bend to them.
So I buy them. The tec at the local dealership I go to I asked about the washer and changing it. He said hes been working on them thirty years and never replaced one. He changes the wheel bearing and puts the used washer back on. So two differing opinions.
As far as size I'd need to look. I don't remember.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts