PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what people are using for a phone holder and a case for that matter for inside your Ranger. Specifically for when you are going on rides that might be bumpy. Thanks!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Shirt pocket(I like Columbia fishing shirts)and a fitbit HR to see calls or texts on my wrist. The phone itself gets stuck in a aluminum case by Love Mei. Pretty much battle ready for when I start firing wildlife preserves for a month. To noisy with pump running behind in the box and the fitbit will vibrate and I can see the message. The case is also waterproof and needs to be for all the sweating. LG G6 . Next step will probably get a in ear bluetooth transceiver to hear the boss yelling for help again

·
Registered
754 Posts
Wife or I leave it in the truck.
I like to leave in the moment, no too many pics/vids/phone calls/texting when I'm out there riding.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
709 Posts
Wife or I leave it in the truck.
I like to leave in the moment, no too many pics/vids/phone calls/texting when I'm out there riding.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I wish I could be that. Once having driven into a deep ditch by my Fathers direction it saved us four miles of walking.(He was 78 ) Bad enough having to shlep a mile. Another ride we came upon the stash of tools etc that had been burgled from businesses and homes.(my $&#$ neighbors adult kid) Sheriff hid till they came back to their booty. Ended the largest string of thefts in this little county

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a Rokform case. It has a magnet on the back and I just stick to the frame on the top of the roll bar.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Like Mark I use a Ram mount:
Screenshot_20190429-201112_Chrome.jpg

Ron, I hear you but also have found amazing maps and use my spare phone as GPS and for music.

For a case I use a Supcase, most come with a built in screen guard.

Screenshot_20190429-201621_Chrome.jpg

I got both from Amazon.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I use Hunt OnX maps a lot and can sure see the plus side of having my phone up where I can see it for that purpose. For now I’ve just carried it on my belt as normal. But, I have a really good windshield mount (suction plus sticky back) I use in the truck I was thinking of trying in the Ranger. Anybody tried something like that?

·
PRC Sponsor
856 Posts
I use one of these. It's a Moose ATV fender bag. Straps to the center cross bar and the upper seat rail. Sits right behind your head and is large enough for your phone, wallet, hand held radio, roll of toilet paper and a few more handy items. Everyone that see's it winds up buying one themselves. It's handee!
View attachment 126823

Attachments

·
PRC Sponsor
856 Posts
This image uploader has just got to be improved upon. I just did 3 others the exact same way and they worked fine. =/

·
Registered
262 Posts
Does it fit the cup holders on the new body style rangers? Looks nice, and plenty cup holders to choose from...

·
Registered
405 Posts
For my cellphone, have a magnetic mount on the upper crossbar and use a life Proof case with a magnetic backer. Sucker stays put. Use it mostly for Bluetooth for my stereo.

Then I have a ram mount for my iPad for my maps, mounted into the useless cubby above the switch banks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've used a slightly older version of this holder on the windshield in my truck, Jeep, and car for a good while with excellent results. I'm going to try it secured to the Ranger 900 dash to see how that does. This holder has both suction and some kind of alien sticky stuff on it that seems to last forever. I'd rather not stick it to my hard coat windshield (but that's just me).

https://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Dashboard-Windshield-Samsung-Smartphone/dp/B076B27WP6/ref=sr_1_3?crid=9FR2V2QCMJJB&keywords=iottie+car+mount&qid=1557248426&s=gateway&sprefix=io%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-3

1 - 20 of 20 Posts