PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one tell me what the size differences are of a 2011 800XP to a 2018 570 other than the motor, both single bench? Are the actual machines/body smaller? I don’t care so much about the 57O part but I am 6’5” and really don’t want to go any smaller.
Looks like my motor is shot on my 2011 and it is going a bit more than $6k to fix. The shop offered $2k to take it as is. I have seen a few 570s for sale around me from $8k-$10k that might make it worth taking the $2k from dealer but only if I will fit in them.

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
3,730 Posts
I'm not certain but I think one big difference is that the engine is located under the seat which can make for some hot seat riding. Don't take that to the bank, it just seems I've read that on this Forum somewhere.

I don't know where you prices an engine overhaul but you might try nFlow for a price quote. I can't say if they will charge less but they do have a good reputation.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The engine is under the seat on the 2011 800. That is what I have now. It can definitely get hot. Im on my second seat now. I have gotten use to it though I guess.

Reactions: Jungleman

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
There are two 2018 570 Rangers.
The one they call full size is the same size as your 800 and has the same body and round tube roll cage as the 800.
The other is a mid size and is shorter and more narrow and has the newer design more angular body and has the Pro Fit roll cage like the full size 900 and 1000 Rangers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the 2018 Ranger 570 full size, 3 seater. As one commenter noted, it does get warm on the back of the seat, according to the dealer and Gilomen Innovations, the exhaust always runs hot and you can feel the warmth under the seat, its nice on cold days but can get you worrying when its warm out, but again NORMAL. I bought it new in 2018, have had no issues other than tires wore out at 2500 miles....tested both 570 full size and 570 mid size (2 seater) and went with full size because I like the head room/elbow room and can have my grandkid riding in the middle with my better half in the passenger side. I'm 5' 10" on a good day but shaped like cromagnon - meaning long back/short legs n arms hahaha. I guess it would depend on what riding you want to do, I use my "Little Truck" on the farm mostly and back n forth to work on roads etc. Its a work horse...but if I was going to be doing lots of trail rides I'd for sure look at a new General 1000 sport (just a plain jane base model) that can do some work but still is suited to trail riding. Hope you get what your looking for and test drive it first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts