PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to build a headache rack to accomidate a fire extinguisher/gun boot etc.. Wanting to see what everybody has came up with.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What size pvc did you use for that? Schedule 40 or?
Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
https://www.superatv.com/polaris-ranger-rear-roll-cage-support

I always wanted to buy one of these. But never have. Then thought about just buying the 90* and 45* tubing elbows and welding up my own.
I'd think one of these racks would be a good starting point for someone wanting to build a rack and be able to add mesh or more tubes to the back window area.

·
Registered
499 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Depending on what your using it for Dennis there's nothing wrong with PVC.
Nice rack Delta that would pull my 90 lb whitetails up into the bed easily.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It’s a game winch. Whitetails and hogs. Works great great and yes it’s a little over kill but I used materials I had laying around shop.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everybody for their ideas I'm going to get started on mine. I will post pics when I'm finished.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have the new style SATV rear bed bar. It is heavier than the old style and since it came with a middle tube for a 570 I didn't need I cut it open and the tube is as thick as the RZR 1000 cage I modified to make my rear accessory mount. I made brackets that bolts it to the main cage with grade 8 hardware.

I got a wire shelf from Amazon that was 54in wide and rated for 800Lbs distributed. It is covered with UHMW plastic for a sun shade.

And no, my new Grandbaby did not ride in the rear set of seats... This was at UTV Takeover watching the jumping contest.

I have a couple of ammo cans mounted to it, my fire extinguisher and (not in pic) shovel

Rear Rack.jpg

Reactions: arcticzale

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like that! Do you have any more pics?

·
Registered
551 Posts
We also use it as a wake tower lol.
IMG_20180628_175758.jpg