PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

561 - 579 of 579 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Caribou and brown bear. What part of Alaska are you in ?

·
Premium Member
829 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
30” ROCKTAINES
WITH FALLEN TREE IN BACK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
32.5 ol2 and 6” super atv lift. Gonna try a buddy of mines 34.5 ol2s he has to see if they’ll fit like the super atv website says they will.

Attachments

·
Registered
999 Posts
Because of the size or something to do with the tire itself?
Both. I run 32.5 OLII's on my rig and they are a real aggressive tire. I can't count now on 4 hands how many axles I've broken since running these. I started with the factory 28" that came with my HL Edition and they did not show any mercy either. But a few may have been drug (alcohol) induced, lol. They do handle the mud well, but catch a solid root while down in the hole spinning and axle is in pieces.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Both. I run 32.5 OLII's on my rig and they are a real aggressive tire. I can't count now on 4 hands how many axles I've broken since running these. I started with the factory 28" that came with my HL Edition and they did not show any mercy either. But a few may have been drug (alcohol) induced, lol. They do handle the mud well, but catch a solid root while down in the hole spinning and axle is in pieces.
I haven't actually broken axles yet and my vampire ii's are every bit as aggressive as the OLII's, so I was curious. I run mine in deep mud with roots daily, deep enough to bottom out and need the winch often. I'm only running 27" tires with the 2.5 MMA lift though.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Rage Mohave 28x10-14 on STI HD3 7in wide wheels with 4in back spacing. No lift, SATV 1.5in forward arms.

20190326_184509.jpg

download_20190702_085831.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
32.5 ol2 and 6” super atv lift. Gonna try a buddy of mines 34.5 ol2s he has to see if they’ll fit like the super atv website says they will.
Nothin so far, but I’m plannin on doin gear down, turf delete, and reverse chain here soon

What changes did you have to make to be able to turn those big wheels?
Really like your setup, but start saving your money for some CV axles. OL2's are great for the mud, but have no mercy for axles.
Yeahhhh I already snapped 2 in the first ride with them lol. Replaced the first gen rhino axles with the 2.0s and so far they’ve been good. They dig hard that’s for sure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I should add that they are 15” wheels with the 5+2 backspacing and the tires are 225/70R15’s... I’m running 15 psi with ride on balancer (16oz per tire). Not a bad setup, definitely quieter than stock and acceleration isn’t horrible. A Gilomen tune and clutch kit will bring some of that back. I’m not opposed to doing a gear reduction if needed.

·
Registered
194 Posts
20190910_130250.jpg
20190910_110326.jpg
Went from 29.5 Terms to some 32 Maxxis Carnivores. I don't ride in the mud anymore so these fit my needs better. Still ready to see how they handle some mud. Love the tires so far.

·
Registered
194 Posts
None pulls them great. The 32's are actually lighter than the Terms.

·
Registered
90 Posts

2019 Ranger 900 with 1000XP tires and wheels. Love the rims, but tires seem to be wearing a little quicker than I’d like.

561 - 579 of 579 Posts