PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is a breast cancer survivor of 4yrs. After recent blood work, markers showed up telling us that it had returned. An MRI showed that she has spots on both her liver, and one of her lungs. Next week we are scheduled to have a biopsy of the spots on her liver, and a heart and brain scan.
We have an adult daughter who is expecting our first grandchild in October, and my wife's worst fear is not being here to see the baby and watch her grow up. She's been so excited about the new arrival and the recent news has absolutely crushed her.
The day before we received the news about her cancers return, we signed the contract to purchase a nice house in the country closer to where my daughter and son in law live. The type of house and the location we've always wanted. All of the things that she so looked forward to seemingly were ripped from her in the last week.
We're trying to remain positive, and will be moving forward with the move. Not moving will give her the sense that were giving up, and nothing could be further from the truth. She beat this once before, and if the good Lords willing she'll do it again. She was so brave with her previous cancer and rarely complained, trying to remain strong and positive for the family. She's the most selfless person I've ever known.

If you all could keep my wife Diane in your prayers it would be greatly appreciated, Thank you and God Bless.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
she and you are in my prayers hope there is not much more of this suffering lost both my parents to this crap love T&S

·
Registered
219 Posts
Praying for you and your wife. God bless.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You are both in my thoughts and prayers, she sounds like one tuff lady and I am sure with Gods help she will pull threw

·
Registered
221 Posts
Prayers coming your way from Michigan....

·
Registered
89 Posts
All things are possible through God. I have an Aunt that has been battling Lung cancer for years. She has had one lung removed and the other is in bad shape now. But she has out lived her 3 sisters, one of which
was my mother. Keep your faith in God that he will pull her through it, because he can. Will be praying for you both. God bless.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Will certainly keep your wife and you in our prayers. I could not imagine my life without my wife as well. God Bless .

·
Registered
22,957 Posts
Our God performs miracles...I am proof of that, being a cancer survivor of 14 years. Turn it over to the Lord and hold your wife close and fight this disease together. You both will be in my prayers Jeff.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Prayers sent! Keep the faith!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Been down that road with my dear wife of 44years. Hers was colon cancer and was stage 4 when discovered. She fought almost 3 years but lost her battle last July. Courage. You will need it and I pray your wife's outcome is better than my sweetheart's was. If you need to talk feel free to send me a pm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers. She had an MRI of the brain today, and we meet with her doctor Tuesday for some results.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
It is a wonderful medical age we live in today! We pray for God's healing touch for her. We will be praying for her every day and often. Keep us informed of her progress. And our prayers go out to you too for the strength to carry on as you care for her.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We received the results from my wife's brain scan yesterday, and everything came back clean. The Dr. was very positive about her prognosis. Like Roadrunner said, it's a wonderful medical age we live in. She'll have to go thru another round of chemo, but fortunately the lungs and liver react very well to treatments. In the past 4yrs since she last battled breast cancer, great strides have been made in the medicine that's available to keep it in check, and there are more on the horizon that are about to be released for use. The Dr. likened it to the treatment of a chronic illness. You go after the cancer cells, then stay on the meds to help prevent it's return. It's no guarantee, but the odds are getting better.
Thanks to all of you who kept my family in your thoughts and prayers during this time. She's by no means cured, and will have an ongoing battle to keep it under control, but there is hope. I urge anyone who's battling this disease to keep the faith. With all the new advances, especially geared towards breast cancer, lengths of survival will continue to increase. Once again I thank all of you and God bless.

·
Registered
44 Posts
will keep you in my prayers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts