PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting on my Denali plow, I am getting a grumbling sound from my front when going forward and the plow is up.

I assume that its because I haven't adjusted the preload on the coils?

I have misplaced my toolkit.

Is it possible to adjust the preload without the special tool?

·
Registered
621 Posts
^Yep, jackup the machine to relieve the pressure on the shock spring and use a pipe wrench or channel lock. A little ******* but it works^

The grumbling sound could be something else too though, bearing, bushing, etc.

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
If it's not something worn out (you didn't indicate how old the machine is), the grumbling sound might only be the extra weight of the plow causing the tire knobs to roar more.

As Fuse mentioned above, be SURE to jack up the suspension before adjusting the shocks. I have seen several people bust the collars when trying to adjust a weighted machine. Also blow out all dirt that you can from around the collar and use some lube (WD-40, etc...).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine grumbles, as you describe, with my plow on but I only notice it in reverse with the plow up. I chalk it up to one of many disconcerting sounds the machine makes. I don't have enough miles to have anything worn out. Along the lines of Jerry's reply you might check your tire pressure and raise it to the max 18 lbs. I believe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.