PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a Denali Pro plow from Moto-Alliance with the MA11704 mount that has 6 bolt holes and mounts to the bottom of the chassis in front. My issue is - I have a 1/2" UHMW skid plate that covers the entire bottom of the chassis and also utilizes these 6 holes. My question is, how do these work together? I see 3 possible answers but without having the plate, I'm not sure how and if this will work together.

1. Sandwich the skid between the mount plate and the chassis and probably have to source longer bolts.

2. Sandwich the mount plate between the skid and the chassis, possibly have to notch the skid for the mount ears and source longer bolts.

3. Cut off the front of the skid plate to match the length of the mount and have no skid covereage at that part and install the plow mount as you would without the skid.

Obviously 1 and 2 are more desireable so I retain an unmodified skid, unless it leaves a forward leading gap to catch things, etc. In #3, you gain the thickness of the plow mount as a skid, but may leave the leading edge of the skid vunerable since the front bolts are no longer holding it up so it may have a couple inches unsupported and vunerable to catching things on the trail too.

Anyone run into this and have an answer?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've got the same plow......I just leave the mount on. Hopefully I wont screw it up but it's been good so far - the ears stick down a little bit but hasn't been an issue yet. My sss offroad skid actually had a lapping piece same size as the plow mount really so skid picks up just past the mount. I leave it on all year. If I wasn't so Lazy I'd at least take it off in the summer and replace it with the skid piece.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the same plow......I just leave the mount on. Hopefully I wont screw it up but it's been good so far - the ears stick down a little bit but hasn't been an issue yet. My sss offroad skid actually had a lapping piece same size as the plow mount really so skid picks up just past the mount. I leave it on all year. If I wasn't so Lazy I'd at least take it off in the summer and replace it with the skid piece.
So no skid on the front part? I'm not sure if where the seam is for the front part of the skid - I don't remember, So no part of your skid is overlapped?

·
Registered
100 Posts
So no skid on the front part? I'm not sure if where the seam is for the front part of the skid - I don't remember, So no part of your skid is overlapped?
yes sir that's correct. skid piece for the nose is sitting somewhere in the garage...not sure where exactly anymore.

I don't think it's overlapped - just very close. and the mount is a little thicker too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts