PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 1000 Premium with Winter package
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, looking for a plow a system for my 2020 Ranger 1000 premium. Does anyone have input on the Glacier Pro HD vs Glacier HD systems pros/cons ? I'm starting to look into aftermarket products too.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have 2013 900xp with the Glacier pro hyd. lift and turn. I like it very much
It is a quick attach with one locking bracket and 2 easy to attach wire connectors
All self contained on the plow frame ( blade, hyd units, wiring)
Early on I had a problem with the plow detaching from the Ranger when hitting a snow bank just the right way. I found that the bracket release was not locking in all the way and over came that issue.

With that said , after 7 years of plowing and finding that I run out of room near the end of snow season where to put the snow and digging up the grass trying to push the snow further on to create room.
I have decided to get a self powered snow blower for the front of the machine Shopping
I will post results after the first good snow on how it works

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 2013 900xp with the Glacier pro hyd. lift and turn. I like it very much
It is a quick attach with one locking bracket and 2 easy to attach wire connectors
All self contained on the plow frame ( blade, hyd units, wiring)
Early on I had a problem with the plow detaching from the Ranger when hitting a snow bank just the right way. I found that the bracket release was not locking in all the way and over came that issue.

With that said , after 7 years of plowing and finding that I run out of room near the end of snow season where to put the snow and digging up the grass trying to push the snow further on to create room.
I have decided to get a self powered snow blower for the front of the machine Shopping
I will post results after the first good snow on how it works
Thanks for the info, I had an opportunity to get a good look at the Glacier Pro HD set up while trail riding at the badlands in Attica, IN. I was impressed with the beefy push frame. With the kickstand, I was able to lock and unlock with ease. Looks like it should hold up fine for what I need. I will use my winch for lift and will have the opportunity to upgrade to the hydraulic turn if I need to. I wasn't to impressed with the 72"poly blade. I think the steel will do better. I appreciate your feedback.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The kick stand lock on mine broke about 4/5 years ago never considered repairing it .
I agree the steel blade is a better choice, heavier for back dragging if needed
Although bulky, the plow can be maneuvered onto the push frame.
I use a small 4x4 and a small 2x4 on top of that and it is just about the right height and roll right up to it

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The kick stand lock on mine broke about 4/5 years ago never considered repairing it .
I agree the steel blade is a better choice, heavier for back dragging if needed
Although bulky, the plow can be maneuvered onto the push frame.
I use a small 4x4 and a small 2x4 on top of that and it is just about the right height and roll right up to it
(y)

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
If you're going to consider aftermarket plows I suggest you look at what KFI has to offer. I have the KFI plow and although I haven'thad the opportunity to use it yet (maybe this winter will change that) I can tell you that is heavily built and well priced.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you're going to consider aftermarket plows I suggest you look at what KFI has to offer. I have the KFI plow and although I haven'thad the opportunity to use it yet (maybe this winter will change that) I can tell you that is heavily built and well priced.
KFI, looks good and the price is reasonable, getting a quote on an Eagle plow (AMF) there system offers an optional blade shift. How easy/difficult is attaching of the KFI system?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
My Ranger is the 2015 570 Full Size (XP) with the KFI front hitch/plow mount which makes attaching the plow very easy. Two pins through the push tubes and the front hitch/plow mount, attach the lift strap from my winch and I'm off and plowing.

I store my plow on a dolly I got at HF so it's easy to roll around when not in use and the dolly holds it at the right height to make lining up and attachment a simple process.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My Ranger is the 2015 570 Full Size (XP) with the KFI front hitch/plow mount which makes attaching the plow very easy. Two pins through the push tubes and the front hitch/plow mount, attach the lift strap from my winch and I'm off and plowing.

I store my plow on a dolly I got at HF so it's easy to roll around when not in use and the dolly holds it at the right height to make lining up and attachment a simple process.
👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts