PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a source for bolt-on wings for the Glacier Pro plow? It's drilled out square already, so it would seem to me a bolt one unit wouldn't be too hard to come up with if you had the skill (what I'm likely lacking!). I'm looking for something to make the plow a little wider, and hold snow better. Warn makes nice units for their ATV plows that angle 30 degrees or so, so when the blade is fully angled it points straight ahead.

Once I put the tracks on as soon as I angle the blade the plow will be narrower than the machine!

Thank you in advance for any leads / thoughts!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Winter is pretty much here so I fabbed some up quick. After thinking about steel wings (on a poly plow), or a steel frame with a poly piece, I decided to go with 3 3/16 steel tabs at 135 degrees (so 45 degrees off; I"m looking to carry the snow a bit for grooming... if I wasn't I'd have gone for 30 degrees off (120 degree tabs), and used part of the leftover bell from a 24" plastic culvert (which is probably 28 or 30" diameter) for the actual wings. Nice and stiff, should be durable, and I'm hoping it will break before the plow does.... I also cut the bottoms off at a slight angle to help keep it from tripping the blade. I'll add a slighter softer material there later if needed (I'm mostly leveling trails, not plowing parking lots).

IMG_20141123_113616_271.jpg IMG_20141123_113744_468.jpg IMG_20141123_113757_958.jpg IMG_20141123_113805_890.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Winter is pretty much here so I fabbed some up quick. After thinking about steel wings (on a poly plow), or a steel frame with a poly piece, I decided to go with 3 3/16 steel tabs at 135 degrees (so 45 degrees off; I"m looking to carry the snow a bit for grooming... if I wasn't I'd have gone for 30 degrees off (120 degree tabs), and used part of the leftover bell from a 24" plastic culvert (which is probably 28 or 30" diameter) for the actual wings. Nice and stiff, should be durable, and I'm hoping it will break before the plow does.... I also cut the bottoms off at a slight angle to help keep it from tripping the blade. I'll add a slighter softer material there later if needed (I'm mostly leveling trails, not plowing parking lots).

View attachment 7257 View attachment 7258 View attachment 7259 View attachment 7260

How have you liked that Glacier Pro and poly blade? Looks like you may of used it last year?
I should be getting my Glacier Pro with Steel Blade installed Tommmorow

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is brand new - plastic is still on the blade:) Machine is a 2015 Ranger Northstar edition.

With any luck I'll get to use it the next few days:)

·
Registered
20 Posts

View attachment 7257 View attachment 7258 View attachment 7259 View attachment 7260
How are you liking your side deflectors thus far? I am wanting to make something similar. A fellow from work and myself are wanting to make some that are easy on and off. We are wanting to use some 1 1/2" round tubing or round stock and utilize the open hole on each side of the plow to slide the deflectors into for on on and off. Also trying to figure out if we should have have any curve to face of the deflector like yours or just make the face flat.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I thought there was a part # for wings for the Glacier Pro ?????

·
Registered
20 Posts
I thought there was a part # for wings for the Glacier Pro ?????
I called my dealer today and said there are none available yet for the 72" x 20" Glacier Pro blade and don't even know if there are any plans to. I guess the only ones that are out is for the 17" tall blades. Also those deflectors make you plow a box and I would like to angle them out at a 45 degree so i can plow at angles still with them on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I made these out out of 1/2" plywood i had laying around last night and used them this morning to see if I wanted to put the time in to fab some nice detachable angled wings. We had some hard packed drifts that needed moved from the winds the other day. I broke the big drifts up a little first then installed these as I wanted to move the snow to the other side of the acreage (Around 75 yds.). I will have to say I am thinking about just making a quick detach set of these now out of stainless steel as it will be alot easier.. Afraid if I make scoops they will put to much added stress on the outside edges of the plow for what my intentions and use are.. This straight edges will work just fine containing snow and would be really nifty having some that slide on and off real quick. If anyone one wanted a set on all the time, plywood could be a nice cheap route to go as I never noticed these flex and rammed them int a large snow pile each push. Also everything I do is gravel

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well this past fall a buddy and I made a set of steel side deflectors for the Polaris glacier pro plow that I can take on and off easily now. I sure like them for clean up and moving piles of snow exactly where I want it.

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
That's pretty cool. Going to bookmark this for the future!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Do you guys make the rubber flaps on the the top edge of your plows? Or is it an add on option from the manufacture? I have a Polaris Glazier plow.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Kyle,
That is a nice set-up their. I like how you did the mounting of the wings. That is nice work , Thanks for posting!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts