PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2021 Ranger XP1000 Texas Edition, and have installed a couple plug-n-play options. The front winch came standard and I added a reverse light that plugged into the "back-up horn" I guess. My question can anyone tell me what prewired connectors this machine has and what they are for, or at least tell me where I could go to find out. The drawing below shows the wiring and prewired plugs I am wondering what all the unit comes prewired for.

Thanks.
Slope Organism Font Art Pattern

Attachments

· Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Crew Ultimate
187 Posts
There is at least four more connectors i can think of. A two pin connector at the rear passenger side top of transmission area with a blue and a green wire. The other end terminates behind the dash near the shifter and under the upper cup holder. This is for the electric box lifter but can be used for something else. There is no power to them. They are just wires there for that option so you dont need to run any wires back.

The next one is another two pin connector right by the one i just spoke of near the cup holder. In that connector should be an orange wire with ignition power to it and a light blue wire that is a spare. The other end of that blue wire terminates at the connector behind the cab near the ecm.

The last connector is the one by the ecm. Its a rectangular plug that might be used but possibly not yet on your machine. It is intended for the rear upper pulse bar kit. There is battery on the red, ignition on the orange, ground on the black wire and the spare light blue discussed in the previous section is there as well. When you install the roof pulse kit there is a relay that turns that battery power into ignition power. Unless you rework the harness to remove the relay (which I’m not suggesting to do) then you now have two ignition feeds up top.

With the exception of the connector with the orange and light blue under the cup holder the other connectors can be found by looking at the accessory I mentioned on the Polaris accessory page then scroll down for the installation instructions. Im not exactly sure what they intended that orange and blue connector for, havnt seen an accessory that calls out to use it.

· Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Crew Ultimate
187 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts