PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2006 XP 700, which had a noisy engine. Possible looking to buy a 570 EPS. Curious if the engine is noisy and how is the turning radius compared to other Polaris Rangers!
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The 570 has turf mode, one wheel drive, and it will turn as short as any other Ranger. It is no noisier than either of my 500s or my Kawasaki Mule 610.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think 570s are quieter than the 700s and the 500s. As quiet as a 610 mule, going to have to disagree on that one.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
How noisy something is has a lot to do with opinion, how good one's hearing is in various frequency ranges and which frequency ranges one finds most annoying as well as at what speeds the engine is run. Some people complain about the whining noise made by clutches but don't complain about engine noise. Others endure lots of noise made by aggressive tires but think the engine is loud. Some say the 570 is noisier than the 900s but I suspect the actual sound produced is pretty close to the same level in decibels, however the sound made by the two cylinder engine is more pleasing to the ear than that made by a one cylinder engine.

I have a 570 and while it isn't as quiet as my Silverado with stock mufflers, it's much quieter than any lawnmower I've ever owned, quiet enough in fact that I can easily carry on a conversation in the cab or standing next to it idling without yelling but voices do have to be raised a little above what I would consider normal for conversation. Compared to my Harley with aftermarket mufflers (not drag pipes) the 570 is much quieter. Compared to the average outdoor unit for a central air conditioner I'd say it's slightly louder or about the saem but the sound is much different and probably more annoying than the AC. All the noise made may not be engine noise alone. There's a lot of plastics on Rangers that vibrates and does nothing to deaden sound.

My suggestion is to go to a dealer and listen to both a 900 and a 570 while riding in it as well as standing outside in an open area (not inside a building or next to one). You already know what your 700 sounded like so you can make a mental comparison to your memory of the 700 as well as compare the 570 and 900.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Turning radius:
Is it safe to say that the larger the UTV, the larger the turning radius will be?
Without a doubt. Longer wheel base = larger turning radius. I test drive on a two lane road by my shop and I can't make a u-turn with a Ranger crew. Side note, I own a 96 F-150 single cab short bed and used to have a 03 F-450 crew cab long bed. The F-150 is THE tightest turning vehicle I have ever driven. Can easily make a u-turn on a two lane road with no shoulders. That damn F-450 couldn't make a u-turn on a four lane highway without using both shoulders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
BPS
PRC Polaris Ranger Club
PRCforum is the best Polaris forum community to discuss RZR 1000, Crew 900, PRC Ranger Club, XP 900, RZR XP 4 900, RZR 570, HD, 170, RZR-S, XP 900, RZR XP 4 900, ORV, side by side, SSW and off-road information.
Full Forum Listing