PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off let me say I know not a darn thing about how different radios sound different and when you need amps and such. Basically I know how to operate them and that's about it. I have been looking for a kit for the 2015 xp 900 I bought a month ago or so and I wanted to see what you fellas thought of this kit. Hopefully it's ok to post the link here, if not I apologize.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=171675873170

I'm not really interested in the over head mounts and I like the looks of the factory one but this one appears to me to be worth the extra money.

· Registered
34 Posts
Not sure if you've forum searched yet, but you can do it for half the cost of that. Order the Polaris radio dash, Infiniti prv250, Infiniti marine speakers and speaker boxes off eBay, a rocker switch, and you're set to go. I don't have time at the moment, but there's a nice write up on the forum about doing it this way.

· Registered
23 Posts
Pretty sure the kit thru the dealer is only 499.99. You might want to check it out and save yourself some $$$.

· Registered
23 Posts
Oops my bad it's 599.99. But like the first poster said it can be done for under 360.00 dollars by buying the Infinity prv 250 kit. That's how I did mine and it works great

· Registered
23 Posts
What I've got in my stereo setup is 249.99 for the Infinity prv 250
35.00 for the radio bezel
69.00 for the speaker pods
353.99 total for the complete setup the speakers come with the stereo kit as does the antenna.

· Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.
How are you guys running the antenna wire? I really don't want wires zip tied to the ROPS if possible.

· Premium Member
6,273 Posts
A couple of other points to keep in mind while you are radio shopping; make sure it has an aux input--depending on where you ride, you may not be able to pick up a decent station so you will have to resort to an mp3 player or the tunes stored on your phone. A lot of the guys don't use the 'radio' part at all! Another thing to keep in mind is that most radios have a wire that is run to a 'constant hot' source to provide for the memory functions--station presets and clock. This isn't a problem if you run your machine frequently but if you don't, it becomes a parasitic drain on your battery. You can compensate for that drain by keeping a Battery Tender hooked up during periods of long storage, but that's kind of a pain, or, on some radios (most), you can just not hook up the 'memory' wire.

· Registered
229 Posts
I have the Polaris Radio/PRV250.....radio hasn't been hardly used. I have Sirius/xm sat radio run through the aux jack, when the trees block reception, I have music stored on a USB mini stick and I play Pandora through the BT connection....I use mine a lot, so the drain of memory is not a big deal.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

· Registered
23 Posts
The Infinity prv 250 kit radio comes with an aux jack that has a 3.5 mm jack and an usb jack as well. I just ran my antenna inside my dash using zip ties to hold the ends. LIke the previous poster said I hardly tune in the radio. I use music downloaded on a thumb drive.

· Registered
88 Posts
So do you use the factory dash and cut it out for the radio? If not where does one source the dash bezel ?

· Administrator
6,855 Posts
So do you use the factory dash and cut it out for the radio? If not where does one source the dash bezel ?
Polaris oem dash bezel ( the one for mounting the radio) is already cut out for the radio.
You can purchase from one of the forum sponsors ( FixMyToys.com).
Note: I would also purchase the oem HiLo attachment screws for plastic, to mount the radio.

· Registered
187 Posts
Does anybody have a link for the actual speaker pods that mount under the dash on the 900 Rangers? I was thinking about buying the Infinity PRV 250 kit and some speakers, but I can't find the pods?

· Registered
7 Posts
They are not pods. But rather a plastic frame for the speaker that is screwed into the dash. They are not sealed, rattle, and provide an inexpensive solution that ignores even primitive acoustic principles. I think I could make a better mount out of duct tape and bailing wire.
This is where I bought mine.

Speaker mounts - Part # 5439038-070 & 5439039-070 - 2014 Polaris RANGER XP 900 ALL OPTIONS (R14UH88/9E/9EAN/9EAI/9EAIC) Electrical, Stereo - R14uh9ean All Options | Polaris Parts Monster

Radio Dash Panel - Part # 5439168-070 - 2013 Polaris RANGER 900 XP ALL OPTIONS (R13UH88/UH9E) Body, Dash All Options | Polaris Parts Monster

· Registered
187 Posts
Great thanks, maybe I could seal them up by using some black RTV?

· Registered
23 Posts
If you do ebay do a search for speaker pods. Mount them on the roof you will get alot better sound from them being up closer to your ears. You can get a pair for around 70.00 means you'll save a little cash too.

· Registered
1,622 Posts
Now day and time I don't see why anyone would want to have a radio head unit. Most people just use their phone plugged straight to an amp or blue toothed to a dongle on the amp. I have not seen anyone listening an FM radio while recreating in a while. My boat has had a nice full system with a head unit with front and rear wired remotes and a JL amp and speakers. I always had issues, until now. I disconnected the radio and added a bluetooth dongle to the amp inputs and now it is a 1000 times better and anyone with a phone can take turns playing their music and controlling the volume etc. Sound is better too. I predict that head units as we know them will soon be dinosaurs.

· Registered
187 Posts
What size are the speakers that fit under the cup holders? I know I need to buy the part that surrounds the speaker, but what size are they?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.