PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This review will be of the Polaris Center Mirror Kit, P/N 2879527

This unit is very well packaged. Each of the individual mirror housings is packaged separately in plastic and bubble wrap. The main housing, a very well made and heavy metal unit, is packaged in plastic and then bubble wrap and then the hardware kit is packaged in plastic and bubble wrap. The outside box is a heavy weight unit and arrived in great shape.

Assembly is straight forward. There are 3 long bolts that you use to mount each of the mirror housings to the frame. No nuts to worry about dropping as nut is already welded to the housing. The one thing you will drop multiple times are the plastic washers. There are 6 of these and you place one on each side of the mirror housing. This is one picture I forgot, but you start your bolt, then place a washer on the inside of the housing and under the mirror, then push the bolt through and place the second washer on the top side of the mirror housing and on the inside of the main housing before finally pushing the bolt the rest of the way and threading it in. This is not too difficult but if you start to drop the washers a lot, just get you a small piece of double sided tape to hold them in place. When tightening the bolts, get them snug but not tight. You need to be able to move the individual mirrors after the unit is mounted.
Next, you mount the arms to the housing. The instructions call these Upper and Lower Mirror Clamps. Again, just snug these so you can adjust the unit after mounting. This is one area where I did not follow the directions. They tell you to have the M6 hole, the hole in one of the arms on each side where the bolt goes to tighten the clamp around the roll cage, facing the mirror glass, in other words, toward the seats. This is a good idea unless you have the overhead stereo unit. If you do, then turn these arms with the holes facing the front of the machine. If you don't, you will not be able to reach these to tighten later. The only downside is if you have a windshield, you will have to remove it to access these if facing the front. I deemed the windshield much easier to remove though.

Here are some pics of the unit mounted and you can see the holes in the arms facing the front.

You can see in this photo how much the overhead stereo hangs down and the M6 hole in the arm, if faced toward the seat, would be up behind this unit.

This photo shows the unit mounted. Some people may not like this setup as it is 3 separate mirrors and they must be adjusted properly. It takes some getting used to and some may prefer one piece of glass. I like this as you can get a broader viewing area by angling each piece to view a specific area. I had a 3 panel one on the other machine and got used to it. That being said, it does take some getting used to. I will say though, this is one stoutly constructed mirror, much better than the other Polaris model I had. If you want a 3 panel mirror, I highly recommend this one.

Reactions: Gary Lenon

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
I like that mirror! Great job Bruce!

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
I really like that mirror

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
I like the way that unit is secured to the frame of the machine. Looks very stout.

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice looking mirror. will it fit a rzrs? do the mirrors wiggle out of position while driving? thanks.
I have not had a chance to drive it hard yet since installing the mirror. Not sure which models it fits, as long as the roll cage is the same diameter it would fit fine. The way the mirrors are bolted into the housing, I don't envision them ever moving. Very solid construction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts