PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my '13 Ranger crew loaded on the trailer and had gotten about 200 yards out of my driveway, when the front section of the roof blew off. The front roll bar "clamps" that come with the roof, came loose and allowed wind to lift it and shear the holes where the screws attach the middle seam. Luckily, I wasn't on the interstate and there wasn't another vehicle behind me.

I am going to secure the clamps with machine screws into the front roll bar, and add washers to the center row of screws.

Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
my roof is metal aluminum so no I have not but the plastic one I bought with it looked like it was going to come off but did not with metal roof I have been as fast as 85 T&S

·
PRC Sponsor
856 Posts
I hear the same thing once or twice a week. It's a very common problem going way back. In the summer time when the plastic gets hot and soft it happens more frequently.
Shameless plug I know but ours do not do that. They don't leak either. :pride:

·
Registered
492 Posts
I used large fender washers at each mounting bolt on one roof and fabricated long metal plates on top of the roof on another. Both options kept the roof on when trailering at 70mph plus.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had my '13 Ranger crew loaded on the trailer and had gotten about 200 yards out of my driveway, when the front section of the roof blew off. The front roll bar "clamps" that come with the roof, came loose and allowed wind to lift it and shear the holes where the screws attach the middle seam. Luckily, I wasn't on the interstate and there wasn't another vehicle behind me.

I am going to secure the clamps with machine screws into the front roll bar, and add washers to the center row of screws.

Anyone else had this issue?
Same thing happened to me! :mad-new:

Got an FTD from Marty, it bolts to the roll bar buddy, ain't going no where & it's one tough roof!!!

I hear the same thing once or twice a week. It's a very common problem going way back. In the summer time when the plastic gets hot and soft it happens more frequently.
Marty I'd like to thank you & your company for IMHO is the best crew roof on the market as well as your excellent customer service!

I had 8-10 people on my roof dancing @ mud nationals!

Great mounting spot for the front & rear LED light bars too!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
no they don't I love mine thanks marty

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I bought my Crew the dealer warned me of this, So when I trailer I just stretch 4 new flat bungee cords across top in 4 evenly divided areas. Speeds to 80 on Texas highways with no issues. Although I do remove flip out windshield upper section

1 - 8 of 8 Posts