PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so today the wife has been pretty sick and I've been playing nursemaid so to kill time I've been on Youtube. While there I saw a video of the Lock n Ride Doors with hinged windows on a 2016 Northstar edition and I was shocked to see the guy talking about the heater opened the rear hinged window all the way around towards the front. The video is here and the window hinging forward is around the 2:40 mark.

I have those doors (2879124) with the hinged windows and the rear window latch has a red colored "button", for lack of a better word, that appears as if it would slide. The front window has a round black "knob" with a groove in one side which looks as if it might be a catch of some sort. The latches on my windows do look slightly different from those shown in the video. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaris-Ranger-XP-Crew-Front-Hinged-Window-Doors-Pro-fit-lock-ride-OEM-2879124-/162305791630

I didn't get any instructions with my Ranger which the dealer installed the doors on before I took delivery so there was no explanation of how those windows work.

So now for my question, does anyone know whether the rear window on that model door truly does somehow unlatch and hinge forward and perhaps latch in the forward position to that know I see on the front hinged window half?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it does. The rear hinge has a squeeze release..Then it swings forward and hooks on that black knob your looking at..
Thanks for the response. I'll have to look at it and see if I can figure out how it works. Up until now I thought they only hinged to that partially open position.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought used from the dealer with these doors. Took over a week to realize I could detach that back clip and swing them all the way forward. I felt pretty dumb about exiting the cab to get the mail for that whole week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought used from the dealer with these doors. Took over a week to realize I could detach that back clip and swing them all the way forward. I felt pretty dumb about exiting the cab to get the mail for that whole week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will the front window hinge all the way open as well?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will the front window hinge all the way open as well?
No, only the back latch releases and allows the window to swing around toward the front to be latched in place in forward position with a cam/wedge type knob.
As far as I've been able to discern the latches are not available seperately which means you cannot purchase a rear latch and add it to the front glass nor can you buy replacements if you break one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the info.
Thanks for the info.
I purchased the poly doors and really like them. You can make the front window fold all the way back if you swap hinges. The only problem is if the back part of the window is closed the front glass can come into contact with the row bar assembly. This can be prevented by opening the rear portion of the bifold or placing a stop on the upper hinge to prevent the door from opening that far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts