PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need to paint the Ranger and am looking high and low for the COLOR NUMBER or preferably the FORMULA for a 2007 POLARIS RANGER XP LE MIDNIGHT RED paint color. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks !

Reactions: wwg1wga

·
Administrator
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody ?
2007 RANGER XP, Midnight Red – Painted Red with Envy
Due to the Midnight Red XP’s extreme popularity, Polaris has brought it back for 2007. Unlike its predecessors, this Red includes a new multi-functional speedometer and a top speed of 50 mph. Additional features on the limited edition model include:
o Painted Midnight Red hood, dash, glove box

·
Registered
2011 Ranger 800 6xCentipede
225 Posts
Hi J,
You may be able to pull the hood or a fender and take it to an autobody supply to have a spectrum camera scan it for a color formula; they've come a long way! Just be sure to let it dry and re-check the color match. Reds, oranges and yellows can darken a lot when they dry. Some places will spray and dry a couple test cards to verify their mix is on, then tint it as necessary before sending you home with a jug.

·
Administrator
6,927 Posts
Polaris does not show a Midnight Red for 2007.
However there is a Sunset Red Metallic which is P-520.

·
Administrator
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. It is definitely MIDNIGHT RED . This was a special limited edition color for the Ranger in 2007. I sent the painter off with the glove compartment door to take to the automotive paint store on the mainland about a week ago and they are insisting on the having the paint number . What a hassle ...

"
2007 RANGER XP, Midnight Red –
Due to the Midnight Red XP’s extreme popularity, Polaris has brought it back for 2007. Unlike its predecessors, this Red includes a new multi-functional speedometer and a top speed of 50 mph. Additional features on the limited edition model include:

·
Registered
2011 Ranger 800 6xCentipede
225 Posts
Thanks for the replies. It is definitely MIDNIGHT RED . This was a special limited edition color for the Ranger in 2007. I sent the painter off with the glove compartment door to take to the automotive paint store on the mainland about a week ago and they are insisting on the having the paint number . What a hassle ...

"
2007 RANGER XP, Midnight Red –
Damn, that one is elusive... no luck in Pzilla referencing that color from their body parts lists either, shows every other.

·
Administrator
6,927 Posts
All of the referenced material that you are posting is not from Polaris.
Do you have any information from Polaris Stating that it’s called Midnight Red?

It looks like the Sunset Red Metallic that I’m installing Garage Products Bushings on.

Reactions: Stroke250

·
Administrator
6,927 Posts
Is the Midnight Red a Metallic color?

·
Administrator
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PM sent ...... errrrr. conversation anyway..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey jungleman ever think about a customization to the factory red? I understand if you want to keep it stock but I could also see some fun being had with maybe some metal flake or candy apple, just a thought.

·
Administrator
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bholt, I was just looking to paint the faded hood. The rest looks good still.. I am undecided on how to proceed. Just a couple days before the frame swap is complete so I might just let it go for a while. Thnks for the input !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts