PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me that polaris has lost there flare for introducing new models, while other oems are showing off 2020 machines allready, polaris seems just to be a little helter skelter in there approach anymore, CAN-AM has turned up the heat this model year nice improvements across the lineup. Does polaris have any answers??

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
People who love Fords drive Fords people who love Polaris's drive Polaris's. Brand loyalty Polaris is counting on. But you do need new buyers. Not just buyers who have owned Polaris since 1970. I do see Polaris commercials on tv here promoting rebates and discounts. But I agree Polaris could do better at letting us know whats coming.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Maybe they are concentrating more on the boats? The last quarterly report showed that rangers, boats and clothing if I remember right were the $$$ makers. The slingshot and cycles were looking very poor. If it wasn't for having a Pontiac Solstice in TX I might have a Slingshot.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I remember when new car introductions were in the fall just in time for the 'new' year.
In this sxs business you can't consistently win the race for new model year introductions because the manufacturers keep doing it earlier to be the first.
We are just getting into June so we still have over half of '19 left before the 'new' year.
Polaris made the announcement a couple of years ago that their new model introductions wouldn't necessarily follow a set schedule.
But they will definitely have a counter to the competition. That is one reason they remain #1.
I expect something in July, maybe.

·
Super Moderator
6,585 Posts
Is it just me that polaris has lost there flare for introducing new models, while other oems are showing off 2020 machines allready, polaris seems just to be a little helter skelter in there approach anymore, CAN-AM has turned up the heat this model year nice improvements across the lineup. Does polaris have any answers??
Don’t worry, the new models are coming.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
And the Back Country Ranger will be a new model offered in 2020....Great !!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
My assumption is that the 900s will get a facelift based on the rebates and incentives on the current models. Greg, are you hearing anything cool about the 1000s?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Polaris better watch their butts as Tiaga is introducing a line of electric snowmobiles. Decent range. When the new battery tech comes online(should be cheaper and up to ten times the capacity) most EV lineups will smoke their hydrocarbon sucking counterparts. Gas an oil prices down again this morning

·
Registered
628 Posts
New model release is the end of July. I saw that from a very accurate post on the RZR forum.

I have no idea what Polaris will release. I kinda wonder if they'll refresh the mid sized and 900's? But then again the Ranger 900's are the best selling in their lineup. I'd be in favor of minor improvements that would enhance durability and longevity.

Battery tech is all good and fine, but what about longevity as far as batteries are concerned? What about range? 50 miles? 100 miles? Sure when the temps are 70 degrees. But what about when its 0?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah, if we ride 100 to 120 miles a day camping on the trail for a week it would be hard to stay charged.....

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would like to see a makeover of the 900, like improved cab sealing with the new roll down doors offered, allong with a cab refreshed interior, and some mechanical improvements and a stock parking brake !!

·
Registered
652 Posts
116 years ago they said man couldn't fly. A Wright proved that wrong! Tech is changing so fast with the ability to share and search with a click or "hey google"
The new snowmobile is claimed to have a range of 60 miles. Elon Musk just said that 400 mile electric cars are close. Self driving cars are here.
Early 80's the first freestanding wood pellet stove was being sold. Today good chunk of Europe is using wood pellets or a form of them to produce heat and electricity and converting coal plants.
I don't think that getting a better battery will be much of a problem. We were just starting to get a cell phone with a bag battery 30 years ago and now I have a phone not much bigger than a deck of cards thats connected to the net and the battery lasts days.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would like to see a makeover of the 900, like improved cab sealing with the new roll down doors offered, allong with a cab refreshed interior, and some mechanical improvements and a stock parking brake !!
and arched a-arms

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Charging the batteries get have to come from a generator of sort. Nuclear is clean if contained. Those stacks put some heat up. IMHO future generations must deal with it. Kick the can down the road. Rock you. Will...

·
Registered
628 Posts
116 years ago they said man couldn't fly. A Wright proved that wrong! Tech is changing so fast with the ability to share and search with a click or "hey google"
The new snowmobile is claimed to have a range of 60 miles. Elon Musk just said that 400 mile electric cars are close. Self driving cars are here.
Early 80's the first freestanding wood pellet stove was being sold. Today good chunk of Europe is using wood pellets or a form of them to produce heat and electricity and converting coal plants.
I don't think that getting a better battery will be much of a problem. We were just starting to get a cell phone with a bag battery 30 years ago and now I have a phone not much bigger than a deck of cards thats connected to the net and the battery lasts days.
LOL! You obviously don't use your phone if the battery lasts for days! With high usage my Iphone battery dies pretty quick. I don't deny battery power as an option, but they have limitations and while the tech is in its infancy, we have a long way to go. The current Ranger EV is 700 lbs heavier and over $2000 more than a Ranger 500.

The Wright brothers did fly but they didn't use a battery. Could we fly a 747 with a battery? We still need good old fashion jet engines for that. Maybe someday.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well it only took 66 years to go from Kitty Hawk to the the moon. That was before before cell phones having many more times the computer power of what the space shuttle flew with. I believe its google that is developing a plane to fly for many days powered by solar and batteries to make a platform to provide internet. Hard to beat a fuel powered vehicle for heavy lifting but we did fly a nuclear powered plane.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Keep the ICE.
Use hydrogen as fuel.
Totally non polluting and we will never run out of it as it turns back into water when you burn it.

It might cost a little more.....
And it might be dangerous to transport and use.
Probably not as dangerous as nuclear.

But lots of power potential, especially if you use both nuclear and hydrogen together.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Nissan showed off its hydrogen powered truck in the spring of 2005. They had a parabolic mirror to produce the energy needed to fill tanks in your garage to top off your truck. If you had a power shortage or brown out you could plug the house into the truck. They said they could produce the truck and the hydrogen production system cheaper than a gasser as its electric and needing no transmission or expensive emissions equipment.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts