PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Any leaks yet concerning the ranger lineup, being can-am has now matched the horsepower and bested the ranger in tourqe, the rzr lineup should be interesting to, we will soon find out if polaris will cry uncle to can-am!!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Alaska was always constantly sold out of the Ranger 6x6’s with most dealers having a wait list. CanAm will sell a tremendous amount of Defender 6x6’s up here, especially with how impressive the specs are, makes the discontinued Ranger 6x6 look totally obsolete.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Alaska is about being self sufficient and taking what you need with you and bring back out the moose or caribou. Extreme distance terrain and payload. I can see the Defender selling well there also.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm hoping they bring out that tracked vehicle :) That's what we really need back here something full time two tank tracks with a cab
We will just have to watch and wait..........

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well,
I didn’t see anything too impressive with regard to the 2020 Ranger lineup. Was hoping for a standard geared reverse and upgraded transaxle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Ya, it seems like the new ranger 1000 is a dummy downed version of the XP series, though it sounds like it might be a good combo of power and features, this is what i thought the new 900 would be. Some of the package pricing sounds very good too, i could build the machine i want lacking the ac. for a good price!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
new rzr is pretty sweet on paper, much stronger chassis, twice as strong clutches, primary clutch is serviceable in the car, the clutches got more airflow (cooling) and 181HP!!
pretty sure my first rzr had 60 horse-ies seems like so long ago (2009)

Come on guys the Ranger was updated/re designed for 2019, they are not going to update it again in less then a year!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
and where exactly are these battery powered rigs getting the electricity to re charge their power packs? The SUN? I don't think so....Most of the power now comes from Natural gas in the USA, some coal and some nuclear.....

I love my batteries and generating my own power, my entire homestead is off grid. Electric snowmachine, yes please!! But don't be fooled, you still have to charge them up.... and it takes burning fuel to get the power down the line to re charge your Lithium ion battery packs......I like to cut out the middle man. Some machines are meant to burn fuel.........weight is the enemy of snow machines, batteries are heavy, even lithium ion ones

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well the latest news on solar panels is new cheaper tech(micro layer of molybdenum sulfide)boost their efficiency from 26 to 35 percent and reduce production cost by up to 1/3. There's solar farms going up all over MN
Utilities in South TX are offering some homeowners roof top solar systems at some near zero cost. Double win as the panels provide shade too.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts