PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
His are you guys mounting led light bars to the front of your crews? From the roof? Brush guards , ect. Would like to see some pictures

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
What Summitman said, You will probably see more bars mounted above the cab but that is because they "look cool" there. They will function better below the windshield due to the glare. They are also more protected in that position.

·
Registered
616 Posts
So exactly where do you mount those below the window so the hood will still close. Do you mount them on the ROPS just above the hood?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine is mounted on the roof Really don't like it there Thinking about moving it I must say however it does light up the woods great

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When mounted on the roof, did you just silicone around the roof holes?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't get why a roof-mounted light bar would create more glare than one mounted at the base of the windshield. Seems like it would be the opposite.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
The flood or spill actually hits the windshield when mounted above. Mounted in front on the bottom this is impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
The flood or spill actually hits the windshield when mounted above. Mounted in front on the bottom this is impossible.
OK - I follow, but doesn't the hood get lit up when mounted low? I have more practical experience with boats, where the last thing you want is for light to hit the deck and shine back at you.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I'm a boater too so I know what you mean. But although you will be able to see your hood or top of you brush guard it doesn't reflect glare back.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Would it be reasonable to set the light bar back a bit (maybe 4-5") on the roof so that there is a "ledge" to keep the light from spilling onto the downward sloping windshield? It seems that would reduce the glare and still give you ample light in front.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I have had that same thought but no experience with it. Lots of limbs where I ride and a bar on the roof and I could not fit in my garage anymore.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: teshreve

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Dang! That is impressive.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here are a few shots of my front light bar, back light bar, and my Reverse Light

Snow Automotive tire Vehicle Car Tire
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Snow
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
96 Posts
I mounted a curved 50" bar exactly level with the roof line, welded automotive roof brackets to the frame this allowed me to remove my glass lock and ride windshield. With regards to your glare concerns there is zero glare on the windshield, when the 24" curved on bumper, the curved 50' on roofline and the LED headlight conversion kit are blasting 48,000 lumens it actually looks like there is no windshield in the machine. I am a retired charter boat captain and I too have struggled with lighting on my vessel as glare reflecting from the bow made permanent mounted lighting very difficult so when setting up my ranger I spent quite a bit of time getting this just right. Hope this helps Vehicle Windshield Transport Mode of transport Automotive exterior

·
Registered
133 Posts
I mounted a curved 50" bar exactly level with the roof line, welded automotive roof brackets to the frame this allowed me to remove my glass lock and ride windshield.
Do you have any pics showing your bracket setup in a little more detail? What did these come off of? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.