PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching the forums here for a wiring diagram for lights/accessories using the Pulse (the one under the hood) system. I came across one here (https://www.prcforum.com/forum/290-...pulse-light-bar-wiring-diagram-questions.html) but I wasn't sure if this is the definitive diagram. I know there are variations depending on the amp requirements of the accessory, but for most applications, does the diagram in the post above get the job done? Thank you!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I've got this figured out. The attached diagram should accommodate situations with and without a relay. Electrical gurus, please let me know if I've missed something or if I'm completely off base.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I've got this figured out. The attached diagram should accommodate situations with and without a relay. Electrical gurus, please let me know if I've missed something or if I'm completely off base.

View attachment 129368
rorgan, This is the best Polaris wiring diagram I have seen... super work. The only clarification that I would add on the relay diagram: if you want your lights to turn off with the key, use the keyed power (yellow) for both rocker switch leg #2 and #6 and do not use the constant power (red) on the rocker switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not certain the diagram for running straight from the keyed on (yellow wire) on the pulse bar is correct. So....someone please correct me if I'm completely wrong but I've been scratching my head to figure this out for a day now...I myself want to run a light bar on my 2019 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 and most every forum I've read says you can't wire the switch directly from the keyed on (middle, yellow wire on the pulse bar under the hood), they all mention wiring directly hot to a relay then to the switch....it's all very confusing honestly but I just bought my Ranger and have already turned it over and the last thing I wanna do is burn it to the ground with some wrong wiring...so are you absolutely certain the light bar switch and light itself can be wired from the yellow "key-on" position and then to the five pin switch to the light without any fire hazards????

·
Registered
2 Posts

View attachment 129368

See my reply? I'm not certain you can run a light bar from the middle (yellow key-on power), I may be completely wrong but I am trying to do this very same thing and I want the power to the switch off until I turn the ignition on just like factory switches...anyway can you please post a reply and let me know if you had any success using the diagram without a relay???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts