PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Polaris Extended Warranty: Beware I have a 2018 Ranger Northstar which I love very much. I have 6,400 miles and dropped it off for a check up to the local dealer to make sure all is good. I get a call from them the front end needs tons of work. I say to them I am good I bought the Polaris Extended Warranty. Polaris got back to the dealer that they wanted proof of Demand Drive and AGL fluid changes, which I do myself. Fortunately the dealer i buy most of my fluids from put most of my fluid purchases on my account, so we pulled them up, no problem, both dealers stated at 300 hours as long as I had (3) changes I am set. I actually have (4) changes with my last change this spring. I am then told my claim is denied, due to not enough changes they state I need (6) changes. IS ANYONE OUT THERE CHANGING THERE AGL AND DEMAND DRIVE FLUIDS TWICE A YEAR? I have been fighting with Polaris Customer Service "Clayton" who states it is in the manual change per 100 hours or 1000 miles which ever comes first. So I call (3) dealers ask them how often I need to change these fluids they state every other year or 1 time per year max. after a ridiculous amount of time Polaris is going to put roughly $500. towards a repair that I bought a full 5 year warranty to cover. :(
I would not EVER purchase their warranty again.

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,085 Posts
Escalate up the customer service chain. If that doesn’t work, post it on their Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages if they have them.

Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Escalate up the customer service chain. If that doesn’t work, post it on their Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages if they have them.

Good luck.
Thanks for this info! I will be coming up on my 1 yr anniversary in November. I have thought about the extended warranty, after my first service and spending $250 I’m a little skeptical on the extend warranty after your post! Being a mechanic I have no issues doing my own service. But as getting service at the dealer keeps all the records for warranty, I’m thinking that saving the $$ on them doing the service, will let me pay for any repairs myself. And save the extended warranty $$.

·
Registered
2020 highlifter crew
173 Posts
Polaris Extended Warranty: Beware I have a 2018 Ranger Northstar which I love very much. I have 6,400 miles and dropped it off for a check up to the local dealer to make sure all is good. I get a call from them the front end needs tons of work. I say to them I am good I bought the Polaris Extended Warranty. Polaris got back to the dealer that they wanted proof of Demand Drive and AGL fluid changes, which I do myself. Fortunately the dealer i buy most of my fluids from put most of my fluid purchases on my account, so we pulled them up, no problem, both dealers stated at 300 hours as long as I had (3) changes I am set. I actually have (4) changes with my last change this spring. I am then told my claim is denied, due to not enough changes they state I need (6) changes. IS ANYONE OUT THERE CHANGING THERE AGL AND DEMAND DRIVE FLUIDS TWICE A YEAR? I have been fighting with Polaris Customer Service "Clayton" who states it is in the manual change per 100 hours or 1000 miles which ever comes first. So I call (3) dealers ask them how often I need to change these fluids they state every other year or 1 time per year max. after a ridiculous amount of time Polaris is going to put roughly $500. towards a repair that I bought a full 5 year warranty to cover. :(
View attachment 137134
how do you have a XP 1250??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was offered the ability to BETA the new 1250 Polaris has been testing to which I thought sure why not?
OR
I have a friend that makes stickers:)

·
Administrator
6,927 Posts
View attachment 137134
If you want your Front Gearcase to live a happy long life, you need to change the Demand Drive Fluid at least 2:1 to your oil changes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for this info! I will be coming up on my 1 yr anniversary in November. I have thought about the extended warranty, after my first service and spending $250 I’m a little skeptical on the extend warranty after your post! Being a mechanic I have no issues doing my own service. But as getting service at the dealer keeps all the records for warranty, I’m thinking that saving the $$ on them doing the service, will let me pay for any repairs myself. And save the extended warranty $$.
I had a Polaris Ranger 6x6 for a large number of years. It only needed a new battery My problem was the salt air , and slowly it rusted. Never run in salt water or really anything deeper than a puddle. Never changed any fluids other than the engine oil, and never had any problems. Just a fine machine. The dealer though went out of business almost a week after I got it. It did do heavy work moving rocks and dirt that the excavator placed in it. I ended up giving it to a fine young man that had two boys from Columbia S C. He restored it. Tony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts