PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help would be grateful!

I have a 2017 570 Polaris ranger, it is stuck in limp mode. The check engine light is on.

We change the oil and fluids. We put the 4 x 4 in neutral push down the button on the dash turn the ignition key on to clear old information out and the engine light is still on and it’s in limp mode. We disconnected the battery for 24 hours and it’s still in limp mode/engine light is on. Need help any suggestions????

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Jish, if the fault is still active it probably won't clear. What is the code ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I hit the check engine and hold it down it comes up with 0 3599 4

Push the button the next window that comes up is 1 29 4
i’m at the auto parts store getting oil, lube for the electrical connections and a new battery.

The battery I have starts the Polaris but it shows 11.9 voltage

Also, after writing the first post I looked at the air filter box and it was filled with oil.
I put 2 quarts of oil in it the first time. I think I overfilled it. I emptied all the oil and I’m getting new oil right now

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Code.......accelerator below normal voltage. .......

Reactions: Jishua

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Code.......accelerator below normal voltage. .......
Hi, thanks for your help so far. Seems every time we run the side-by-side we end up with oil in the air filter box. We had a friend come out that’s a mechanic and said it sounds like the piston ring is allowing blow by. What can we expect to pay for repairs? Do you think we’re overlooking something.

·
Registered
6,581 Posts

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Check to make sure your air filter box is sealing up completely. You may be sucking dirt in there.. Where are you located...?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
J, I would say the rings are highly suspect . Has the engine severly overheated recently ? How long have you owned it ? $ will depend on what is wrong.. NFLOW who is a PRC sponsor can sell you component kits.. Maybe give them a call... nFLOW Motorsports | Remanufactured Engines, Turbochargers & Injectors
My son was out joy riding with one of his buddies and it was raining pretty hard ditches were filled up like a canal. He drove through it and got stuck, water was over the engine. They had to cut the battery out and get it above water to get it started and out of the ditch. We brought it home change the oil suck the water out of the air filter box.

We’ve been running it for the past two months with no problems. Don’t recall it ever overheating just went into limp mode. We change the oil Saturday and it seemed milky, checked the air filter and found about a 1/2 quart of oil in the air filter box. That about sums it up...

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Hmmmmmm, I would say you hurt the piston as well as the rings . Probably pinched the rings.. if it submerged and was not properly 'pickled', I would say you may be looking at a complete overhaul. Call and talk to NFLOW .. They are straight up guys that are there to help..

i was hoping maybe you were closer to BCP in Texas for a going thru.. To far from that..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmmmmm, I would say you hurt the piston as well as the rings . Probably pinched the rings.. if it submerged and was not properly 'pickled', I would say you may be looking at a complete overhaul. Call and talk to NFLOW .. They are straight up guys that are there to help..

i was hoping maybe you were closer to BCP in Texas for a going thru.. To far from that..
Thank you jungleman, really appreciate your input and expertise on this matter!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts