PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a few years of plowing, winching and other abuse the front bumper on the ole 6x6 has seen enough. Cracked in one to many places to the point every time you winched the positive winch cable would contact the frame and kill the machine so it was time for an overhaul.

Started by removing the bumper from the machine and removing the winch and mount.
Next step was to cut out the section below the winch that was cracked up.

This is the old piece overlaying the new piece.

Then I measure out a template and cut out the 3/16” steel plate for the replacement piece. Welded it on the side and top, the bottom has a 3/4” gap for water/mud drainage.

Next we added in a 1/4” 1.5”x1.5” piece of angle to the back of the plate, parallel with the ground to help the plate from flexing.

This weekends project will be to add the two angle stringers vertical to the front of the plate, drill a hole in the vertical stringers and add in a winch hook.

...to be continued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tonight we added in the two pieces of angle to the front of the plate for winching points. We tapered them down to give the winch point the High point and to make it so no sharp edges catch or dig into anything they may come into contact with.

The drilled holes are just big enough for shackles to fit into

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here it is all mounted up on the machine with one shackle in place. Overhauling the entire machine so it will be awhile before I get pictures of it all together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts