PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just letting you guys know I just drove my PoorBoy6x6 800EFI into my garage. It was a rough ride from Bastrop, LA. Someone stole the 9500lb truck winch that was supposed to be in the rear receiver. At least I get a new one now! LOL. I'll have pics up soon, washing it and putting the 26" Terra Crosses tomorrow! So excited to try this thing out! Pics don't do justice, it's a real beast!

Gavin

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Sweet, I can't wait to see the pictures, but don't let Keither know, it'll break his heart[}:)][:D]

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll take him for a ride if he ever visits me! Another quick post... The suspension is outta this world! My dad is a welder and those welds and the construction of the suspension is far better than what you can tell from pics by all means. I am very impressed with the quality of workmanship gone into this machine. It honestly looks factory and is so clean and well thought out. I just have to back off some of the preload to take the load off the axles for higher speed long distance towing/riding for the summer so I don't overheat them. Then in the fall/winter I'll crank 'em back up for the swamp and snow. There's 20" of ground clearance from front to back! Great starting point with more to come. About the only thing I'll change is the front tie rods, they are stock and I don't think they'll hold up to the 30" tires in the muskeg, they'll just bend like a cheesestring! Joel tells me there's only 5hrs on the crate 800EFI motor! Less than 30hrs on the whole unit, 98Miles since Jan30 when he bought it. I'm washing it up today and putting on the 26" tires. I think I might pick up the EBS setup in the next month for it to start with the mods. This thing takes off strong in low range even with the 30" tires! More to come.... I'll take pics today with the new tires/rims. Any mod suggestions let me know!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Gavin
Next time i go through Alberta i'm going to take you up on that offer!Man that is one nice ride.I can't wait to see some pics of that thing going through the muskeg.I think you have more there than we do in Ontario,if that's possible?If you have trouble posting pics just lets us know and we will walk you through it.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I can get the pics figured out... It's been a while posting some on the internet, so I might struggle for the first bit... Trust me, no shortage of muskeg here, the question is where can you ride and not find the skeg up here is the trick! LOL Anytime your in the area let me know and we'll plan a ride. The only thing is by then it'll have more mods done to it! =-P

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I guess the pics are simpler than I remember. I just had to resize my signature pic before I copied the link instead of trying to figure out the whole resizing in the HTML code thing all over again.

Here's a couple pics of the unit after it's bath, a pic with the 26" Terra X's with ITP 108's cause they told me they had no plans of making the 112's which I would have rather preferred... [}:)]

With the 30" Mud Lite XXL's that you guys know it for...

And with the new Terra Cross/ITP 108's Sand Tires

Yeah I know, kinda looks goofy with the "tiny" 26" tires. Trust me, there's lots of room for the 30's, that's why the 26's look even smaller! This thing rips with either tires on, it bounces off the rev limiter with the 26's. So I might have to change primary weights when I switch tires between seasons.

I can't wait to work more on the machine. I plan on taking out a 1" steel coil spacer up front, I had backed off the rear shock preloads.
It was 6'11" tall with the preloads cranked and 30" tires. It wouldn't fit into my 6'10" garage door without deflating the front tires! When I took the preload off the rears and backed into the garage I can just clear the door with the 30's. I'm loweing it down so I can travel at high speeds with heavy loads in the sand without overheating the CV's due to the extreme angle they are at. That's why I have 26's on there as well so I don't burn belts and overheat the engine. It moves the 30" tires with ease in High range too, I was quite impressed! Low range is nutz! This thing has the torque and power to move these tires, don't worry!

Well I could write forever, but I'll leave this as it is for now. Thanks for all the compliments and suggestions, much more to follow!

Gavin

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$18,500US , by the time I paid for GST, shipping and currency exchange I paid under $23,500 can to get it delivered to my door and that came with a 9500lb truck winch too he threw in with the sale... [:D]

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love that beast!!! I bet it will get down in the swamps where we hunt! Thats thing is just plain Sick!!! I bet you can guess what my new screen saver is!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
That thing is pretty sweet looking,be cool if they would do that with a older model like mine...

·
Registered
139 Posts
That looks great!
Does it just look like it can go through anything, or does it? Any deep mud pictures?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pretty good in 18" of snow, doesn't slow it down one bit... Now I have to wait for my Bikeman exhaust to get it rolling and try it in the mud. The HSP exhaust can't stay together for 15 mins on the machine, poor quality, the header just snapped in half!

·
Registered
480 Posts
nice lookin 6x6 :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts