PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the super atv 6” lift for a low budget long travel build? They sell the 6” lift in 2 styles. 1st has the phantom shocks included. The 2nd kit allows you to use the factory shocks but they provide 6” lift brackets to achieve the lift. So basically what I’m thinking is to use the extended arms and axles from their kit along with the factory shocks but won’t install the lift brackets. I think I’ve seen the setup one time and the guy had achieved 6 extra inches of width but only about 2 inches of lift and combined it with a 30-32” tire. Opinions?

Superatv 6” lift with brackets install instructions
https://www.superatv.com/amfile/file/download/file_id/5755/product_id/9979/

·
Super Moderator
6,806 Posts
Has anyone used the super atv 6” lift for a low budget long travel build? They sell the 6” lift in 2 styles. 1st has the phantom shocks included. The 2nd kit allows you to use the factory shocks but they provide 6” lift brackets to achieve the lift. So basically what I’m thinking is to use the extended arms and axles from their kit along with the factory shocks but won’t install the lift brackets. I think I’ve seen the setup one time and the guy had achieved 6 extra inches of width but only about 2 inches of lift and combined it with a 30-32” tire. Opinions?

Superatv 6” lift with brackets install instructions
https://www.superatv.com/amfile/file/download/file_id/5755/product_id/9979/
Then you could be 8 ft. Wide. ?
Covered in Mud..

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then you could be 8 ft. Wide. ?
Covered in Mud..
I don’t mud ride. 75% of the time I’m running down the blacktop or around the neighborhood anyways. The other 25 I’m at the deer lease. I just want the extra stability and I dont trust wheel spacers. I dont see why that setup wouldn’t work. And realistically you’re only talking about 70ish inches max width. I’ve never been in a situation where width was an issue

·
Registered
358 Posts
Longer arms will require high rate springs. The compression and rebound in standard shocks would likely not be enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The other day I saw a guy post on one of the Facebook groups about something and I noticed that he had what looked like a 2015-16 XP 900 with a long travel kit. I messaged him directly for a phone call and we chatted. He did exactly what you are thinking, purchased a 6" SuperATV lift and did NOT use the brackets for the shocks, BUT did use the front shocks from a I think 2017 RZR 1000 he said. The pin to pin dimension going this route is about 5" longer and those shocks from the RZR are just the right length he said. He did say it rides amazing. The reason I commented on your post is because I've been doing some extensive research on this exact same thing and have concluded what you already said, a long travel is essentially longer arms with matching shocks. He did name drop Blake Maxwell on here that's done the same thing, I just can't seem to figure out how to find him to contact him as I would like to talk to one or two more sources before doing this. I plan going the SuperATV lift with Elka Stage 5's.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Longer arms will also require longer axles, right? My thought is why not buy a General or even a RZR if that is what you are looking to do.

I’m thinking the load capacity would go out the window and remove the reason to have a bed.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
When I'm riding and see a RZR on a difficult trail it always looks like it has Pleanty of travel.
One old guy told me my wife and I love to ride. Finally. We just bought a RZR.
I've never driven a RZR but would like to try one.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Linger axles are included with the SATV kits. I wanted the same setup but ended up with some 3+5 offset DWT beadlock wheels, 1" and 1.5" spacers, and 29x11x14 tires all around. I had a 2" bracket lift and SATV forward a arms. Could have fit 30's on it easily. I think it was around 67" wide.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts