PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
541 - 560 of 587 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Transport Car RV

Continuing with my "I'm so cheap" theme of posts...
My 2000 Ford E350 with 5.4 V8.

I'm grossing 16,500 fully loaded with this trailer.

It's tuned and has a Magnaflow exhaust.

It's super slow.

It has the same tranny, brakes and running gear as the 7.3 diesels, so even though it's slow it handles a load!

I've had over 5,000 lbs of scrap stainless in it.

I can seat 15.

I can haul two quads inside it and a week's gear and still seat 5.

I paid cash for it, got rear ended two years later and got paid more to fix it than I paid for it. I took a hammer to it and replaced the bumper. Back on the road for $125.

It's been to Washington, California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, and Idaho.

It has 225,000 miles and uses 1 quart of oil every 5,000 miles.

The entire drivetrain is original.

My kids named it the"Party Bus"

I want a truck, but this old van is so practical that I just can't justify replacing the old girl.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
I’ve done every other truck to some degree and never looked back. This new one, I so badly want to at least do a full delete on but I have a 150k warranty on it. It has 4500 miles on it right now.

2016 Mid life crisis
So has the itch made it to a full delete yet haha?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
904 Posts
So has the itch made it to a full delete yet haha?

141,000 more miles and counting my friend.
Think I’ll just put that money into the Z06. She needs a pulley. And exhaust. And a cam. And a fuel pump upgrade. And a oil cooler relocate. And a tune.

And I might need counseling

2016 Mid life crisis

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
picture of truck

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Tire
update on my old beast T&S

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
141,000 more miles and counting my friend.
Think I’ll just put that money into the Z06. She needs a pulley. And exhaust. And a cam. And a fuel pump upgrade. And a oil cooler relocate. And a tune.

And I might need counseling

2016 Mid life crisis
Just do th delete for some of us that have L5P’s lol. Ya I’d go with the Z06 too. Diesels are fun tuned up but cars are a lot more fun haha

·
Registered
904 Posts
Just do th delete for some of us that have L5P’s lol. Ya I’d go with the Z06 too. Diesels are fun tuned up but cars are a lot more fun haha

Looks like about $3k for all the stuff to do the delete. I have to do my best to refrain. Just spent $1300 on exhaust and cats for the car. Wife doesn’t know yet so I’m dead in a few days when it shows up.

2016 Mid life crisis

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
that would be a cheap delete lol i couldn't say how much i put into old truck but its way more than that but she will pass everything but a diesel pump T&S lol

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Is the FTE forum = Ford Truck E something forum ? I want a superduty.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Is the FTE forum = Ford Truck E something forum ? I want a superduty.
Loving my 2017 F-350. I'll be heading to Moab this weekend with it, pulling my toy hauler with my Ranger inside. Ford has put together a very nice truck.

I think the E is enthusiasts

https://www.ford-trucks.com/
Correct. It's been a very good site for me to learn about my truck. The RV/towing forums have been outstanding. I learn more there than on the dedicated RV forums.

541 - 560 of 587 Posts