PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
561 - 580 of 587 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
My nephew is a brick mason went from a GMC to a Tundra. He said it was a gas hog, like 9 miles per gallon if your towing or hauling anything, he kept it just over a year and went back to a 2500 GMC. I hope you have a better experience then my nephew.

I just don't tow enough to justify getting a superduty. But sometimes I don't think rational.

·
Registered
477 Posts
My nephew is a brick mason went from a GMC to a Tundra. He said it was a gas hog, like 9 miles per gallon if your towing or hauling anything, he kept it just over a year and went back to a 2500 GMC. I hope you have a better experience then my nephew.

I just don't tow enough to justify getting a superduty. But sometimes I don't think rational.
I actually like it much to my surprise. The mileage isn’t great but it wasn’t great on my Ford either even with tuning.

Time will tell how long I keep it. It rides nice and is simple.

All the years I owned diesels I honestly never had a justification for it, but preferred them over gas. The heaviest thing I tow is the ranger so this does fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
477 Posts
Man, If they weren't so ugly... Have a 98 4runner. Batteries, wipers and fluid changes. Never failed. FOTOYO and I'm all in!!!
After all those years of never liking the looks of them, they have grown on me and another reason I tried one. They are reliable and have great resale. So when I decide change trucks I should come out decent.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
2009 explorer sports track XLT 4.6L V-8 2x4
I love it, it does what I need it to do and more.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Dont have a picture of it but mines an 04 Chevy Silverado xcab Z71, 5.3L V8, 4L60E, Eaton auto locker rear diff with manual shift 4wd which is great since I cant stand electric shift 4wd, 2013 console installed after lid on original broke. Its nothing special, not fancy, but it is reliable and that's what I want most. It needs a bath too. 190k all its needed was tires, brakes and new front bearings and new u-joints.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I used to work on these kind of machines I call trucks, I wish I could ride one more time before I pass, these days I wouldn't be able to climb up because of many back surgeries and legs weakness.
I truly miss over the road, this is a beautiful country to see.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 06 Z71 with 35s and 287k miles and 98 Z71 with 288k miles. The 98 I've had since I was 16 bought it with 140k miles from the original owner. Now its a project for me and my son, hoping to get it painted this summer then re-geared and lifted. Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Vehicle Pickup truck Car Truck Transport

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Tire
dam it won't open up i wanted to see that mine is 03 f250 6.0 putting out 525 hp heads studded 58 volt f i c m powermac turbo 5 inch straight exhaust 250 amp alternator and much more she's pretty quick love it running edge juice with attitude tuner T&S

·
Registered
87 Posts
My 06 Z71 with 35s and 287k miles and 98 Z71 with 288k miles. The 98 I've had since I was 16 bought it with 140k miles from the original owner. Now its a project for me and my son, hoping to get it painted this summer then re-geared and lifted. View attachment 124489 View attachment 124491
I have an 04 (192k miles) and used to have a 98 (218k miles). Yours are nice lookin trucks. How'd you lift the front on the 06? I wish I didn't trade in my 98. It had a few issues but was such a comfy truck to drive. It was like a couch on wheels.

561 - 580 of 587 Posts