PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how to describe this but does anyone else's ranger feel like it takes forever to turn. I mean I have make 2 full revolutions on the steering wheel just to make a slight turn. It's like I'm driving my firetruck. Fighting the wheel to make slight turns. I thought it would be more sporting like steering. A 1/4 turn of wheel would move the front to tires more like a sports car.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yes that's my gripe too but it is what it is. I put a fold down spinner on for trail use, don't use it on state roads its illegal.

·
Vendor
1,653 Posts
I believe they made the ratio so slow because EPS wasn't originally offered, it really reduces effort on non EPS models but I can see how it would be a pain with EPS.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the non power steering model is still a pain to turn? Or is all this steering wheel turning only on the eps?

·
Vendor
1,653 Posts
The more rotations lock to lock, the easier the wheel is to turn. It's annoying but not physically difficult, my 2012 500 was the same way.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this full size ranger the same way to turn?

·
Vendor
1,653 Posts
We have a 2014 full size 800 and I think it's a little faster ratio. Harder to turn, but turns quicker.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Well I'd rather spin it more turns and have easier turning then less rotations and harder steering

·
Registered
425 Posts
After you have EPS and drive for a while its a non issue but all your friends will be jealous when its hard going in rough terrain. Get a fold down spinner for off road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts